Just an observation . . . they wear TOO MUCH DAMN cologne.
My whole house smells like cologne when the boyfrondo comes over. Even the husband noticed (and that's something, I tell you). He said, "Yeah, I used to do the same thing at that age." Of course, NOW it would take an Act of Congress to get him to wear cologne for me. Ah well.
Oh, and? My car smells like this kid's cologne because it rubbed off on the seatbelt. I'm going to have to go Febreeze my car so Eldest will stop swooning everytime she gets in my car. It's disgusting . . . the swooning, that is. The cologne isn't that bad . . . if there just wasn't so darn much of it!!
And one more funny . . . as I was driving a carpool, Eldest was blabbering on and on about boyfrondo to her bestfriend. Bestfriend promptly said, "I'm really tired of this topic." (Yeah, you and me BOTH, girlfriend!) So I'm chuckling at that when Younger jumps into the conversation in an attempt to embarrass Eldest and tells the bestfriend that Tuesday is Eldest and boyfrondo's "monthiversary"! Ha. What a word! Not only do I make-up words but now I've raised kids that do it too!
Remember when you still celebrated monthiversaries?
7 comments:
I love this whole post. I am sure that we LOVED the left over smell of cologne when we were that age. Is she burying her face in the pillows of the couch he sat on?
I am pretty sure this doesn't stop at high school. (Insert random fraternity here) smelled the same way. Mixed in the eau de stale beer.
And I still think I will be gagging behind my child's back and so will get busted for it.
They hang out in the basement so I'm sure that whole couch smells like him. I haven't checked. However, she did loan him one of her books (something romantic with vampires . . . err . . . ok) and he's been voraciously reading it all weekend because . . . you guessed it . . . it smells like her. Excuse me a moment.
I had to go vomit.
I accused her of spraying the book with perfume. She looked shocked . . . the shock was probably that I was RIGHT! But she won't admit it. Oh . . . AND . . . she left a note for him at the end of the book. Gack.
I can happily say - I have NEVER been this gushy. Darn it all anyways.
I liked it better when she was dating Harry Potter. Their little flirt thread on your Facebook pictures kind of made me gag a little. Alas, I didn't peg Eldest as the boy crazy type.
P.S.- I have to use my old blogger account that I no longer post to because it won't freaking let me leave a comment any other way. Damn blogger.
Tonkelu--if THAT thread made you sick you should see the REALLY guuushy stuff. Yick, I tell you.
BTW, Tonkelu meet Tonks--both RL friends. You have something in common, as you can tell. You can see each other's blogs, linking off my front page.
Oh, and in order to pry ME off Blogger, you'll have to pry Tonks off here too.
I thought teenage boys had a vaguely goat-like smell. At least, according to Laurie Anderson.
I'm pretty sure I didn't smell like cologne. And I hope I didn't smell like goats.
Post a Comment