Wednesday, April 30, 2008

it keeps me sane

You've got to have some fun at your kids' expense or they will drive you stark raving mad.


So yesterday, Younger's middle school principal, Dr. K, was my guest at a school district related luncheon. For a couple of years I have invited their principals to this event. It drives the girls nuts because they are just self-centered enough to think that we only talk about them. As if.


But, as a result, I convinced Dr. K to have a little fun with Younger. So, during 8th hour yesterday the following page went out over her entire middle school, "Younger Laggin please report to the office after school." She panicked. This kid does no wrong (at least at school). She lives to never have anyone take special notice of her--this is pretty much true of everything. She doesn't want too much success but she CERTAINLY doesn't want any bad attention. So, she freaked!


A gaggle of her teenybopper friends accompanied her to the office to figure out what was going on. Moral support, you know. When they got there, Dr. K was waiting and he said, "I'm just supposed to tell you 'hi' from your mom! Have a good bus ride home."


Tee hee!


I knew I could do this to her because she has a sense of humor. Once she got over the initial panic, she found it pretty darn funny.


I better watch my back. I have a feeling she'll be seeking revenge. It's a crazy house day.

3 comments:

Seriously said...

Love it! I hope I can do that my the kiddos some day :D

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Irish Gumbo said...

What Erma said.