Tuesday, June 3, 2008

training, training . . . tis a wonderful thing

No, no. Wait. I got that wrong. I meant: training, training . . . tis a BORING thing!

I am half-way through my second day of training at the new job. Snore. Drool. It's useful; a necessity, even. However, that does not make it any less painful.

After hours of tours and benefits and introductions yesterday, I stayed in my office until after 10:30 p.m. sending out e-mails to clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, etc. with my new contact information. I also emptied out about 10 boxes of stuff and got it put away. Sigh. I'm VERY tired today. Dragging my ass out of bed at 6 a.m. was painful. I didn't even get to see my kids yesterday. :-(

Today it has been computer systems all morning! In a few minutes we start with staff introductions (directors of HR, accounting, marketing, etc.) It's all important. I just wish I weren't so stifled with utter boredom.

What else do I have to tell you? Not much. Younger played in what was probably the last soccer game of her life on Sunday. She's decided (at least for today) that's she's not trying out for next year's team. She wants to focus on volleyball. That's good with me! I took Eldest and a friend (yes, a FEMALE friend; not Boyfrondo) to the Death Cab for Cutie concert on Friday night. It was an excellent concert. I didn't know the three opening acts, so enjoyed them less. But I had fun with Eldest and friend. We danced in the middle of the crowd and had a good old time.

Well, at least it was a good time until Boyfrondo decided to create drama over text. I swear, that is one EMOTIONAL boy. Sigh. It really p*ssed me off. But the next evening when he was over at our house he approached me and apologized. I thought that was rather mature of him so I'm forgiving and forgetting (at least I'll forget now that I told all of YOU about it). :P

Since I'm at my new job . . . today you get a new house!

No comments: