Tonight, because we got here in good time, we went out on Beale Street in Memphis. This is the birthplace of the blues. It's kinda like Bourbon Street in New Orleans but different. Not just in the musical choices but Beale is newer, not quite as decayed and more wide-open. But still kinda dirty, gritty and nasty (I use "nasty" just like Mia Michaels does on SYTYCD--it's a good nasty).
We heard some good music, whilst enjoying a beer. Then, at dinner, I had the most amazing grits I've ever tasted in my life. They were bacon, cheddar grits. Yuuuuuumy. With giant scallops on top. Double yummy. And a nice glass of wine.
I just finished watching the historic Obama speech in a very nice hotel. (Yeah to the client for finding this place.) Obama's little girls are adorable. They are so star struck and beautiful tonight. I hope they turn out as well as the last "little girl" in the White House. (Oh wait. I skipped the Bush twins. I'm still trying to forget those eight years.) But what I meant is, I hope they survive as well as Chelsea Clinton. She was so awkward when they moved into the White House. But what a poised, amazing young woman she is today. I really can't speak for how the Bush twins turned out. I have paid no attention. I do know one of them got married recently. Didn't like her dress. (Catty, aren't I?)I was dreading this trip. But our day in court was as successful as it could possibly have been--all things considered. In other words, we didn't lose. In this case, that's always a possibility. Me no likey losing. And tonight was a nice evening.
I fly home in the morning. And then I'll clean my office. :/
But I return with so much work it's not even funny. Just one example? A 9,000-10,000 box document production to be reviewed and understood and ready to use as evidence in a hearing back in Arkansas on November 24. Can you say, THAT SUCKS? Sucks for some poor associate or paralegal!
Pity party over. Beale Street was good. I'll focus on that and my current wine buzz. :)
The picture is BB King's place--"house"--on Beale Street.
7 comments:
all I can say (besides "I'm hungry for those grits") is Go Obama! oh yeah.
You have to read HOW many pages?
I haven't done the math on the pages yet. It's too daunting. But if I find the needle in that haystack, it'll all be worth it...for the client, anyhow. If not, it'll just suck.
You need a good paralegal ;0)
*sniff sniff* EDC is my former fabulous paralegal. And here she is taunting me. *sob*
laggin -- you are not laggin: you are workin' it.
also, that dress on that Bush twin. not nasty. you know what I mean?
Thanks for the comment. I've never personally met anyone who couldn't tell me the exact date, and I hope I never do.
I went to Bourbon Street once. It smelled funny.
Post a Comment