Tuesday, August 12, 2008

observations on one daughter and my mother

Hi. My name is Eldest.
These days I am being a doormat.

My mom wishes I was more like this:
***************************************************************************
And here is a crazy e-mail from my mother and my brother's VERY appropriate response:

By my Mom-
I just watched Michael Phelps swim his prelim race for the butterfly. I hope Eldest will be able to see the finals as I know it's her stroke. I believe that will be on tomorrow evening. He reminds me of J [my bro] in that he has a rather uncanny ability to pace himself. He was sure enough of himself to be able to remain behind until the last leg of the race when he just pulled out all the stops. I remember how demoralizing that can be to other competitors.

Bro replied-
Yeah.......Michael Phelps and J. I clearly see the similarities........he's got 9 Olympic gold metals............ I got 11th at state in Cross Country....... It's a hell of a comparison Mom, but I'll take it. Only a mother could see Michael Phelps in me........

Love ya j

Today it's a house with a doormat.

4 comments:

Seriously said...

how did this work. she didn't actually send it to him too, did she? you did right? cause if she did... well anyway...

MsPicketToYou said...

this is exactly why moms rule.

Leslie said...

No, Rowan, she sent it to him too.

And Picket, my mom does not rule. She's delusional. And frequently says things like this to my brother and me because of her perfection expectations.

Seriously said...

Well... ummm... hunh...

I got nothing for this one...