Wednesday, September 3, 2008

angsterish

Eldest has moved to the stage of writing emo song lyrics. I don't know about you, but I sure wrote some crappy teen poetry. I still have it. Ugh. Yeah, I gave it to Eldest to read. And since she's musically inclined, I guess this is coming out in her as songs. (She says there is music in her head to go along with the lyrics but swears the world is better off if it never hears the music.)

Anyhow, thought I'd share this bit because I find it encouraging...

breakaway, leave me here
let me cry my tears, (let me cry for you),
cuz i can’t take this life (not now),
And i miss you... (forever)
But you’ll breakaway....
And now i see,
what’s meant to be,
Nothing hurts more than letting you go, (Other than letting you stay),
And I said i need you, but i don’t
I said i’d miss you, but i don’t
I said i didn’t know where to go... (I will find my path)
its time to breakaway (for my self),
Breakaway, oh....breakaway, now...

That her feelings are being expressed in music may also have something to do with her the fact that (a) she's taking a music tech class this semester and they will be producing their own CD and (b) she's noticed a new guy (scroll down, look for Jonah)...oh goody, a musician. He's in her tech class.(This boy's older brother is in the Josephine Collective--a group from our area that released on the Warner Brothers label this summer. I've got their CD. Good stuff.)
*sigh* At least it's a distraction.

Maybe I can blog about something other than Eldest soon. But, for now, it's still a sad house.

6 comments:

Carolyn...Online said...

Oh my gosh. Teen poetry/music. Sigh.

Dread Pirate Davi said...

A hundred times better than the crap I used to write. I like to think I’ve improved with age.

Seriously said...

I have found that when I am the most angsty, I am the most prolific. And amoungst all that drivel, there might just be something good.

Course from what I have seen, all her stuff is pretty good.

Leslie said...

The girl can write. This isn't her best, but SHE isn't her best right now.

Vodka Mom said...

OMG I feel your pain! Bitchy's boyfriend is SUCH a scumbag. He tried to dump her when college started, she talked him out of it (christ) and when he is home, he doesn't have the time of day for her. I WISH she would wise up. Love is blind, man, love is blind.

sigh.

Vodka Mom said...

and, lovely, lovely work from one SO YOUNG.

sorry about the ranting. I lost my cool.