It's only 10:14 here, folks. He left about 10 minutes ago.
He's a geek. He's a nice kid. He broke into song in my kitchen while helping with the dishes. Good voice but, damn, that was awkward.
He asked her out. She said she had to talk to her Dad.
Eldest self-confessed to being "confused" but is pretty sure she doesn't want to go out with him. She wants to know if it's alright to tell him that we don't approve. I told her I'd talk to her dad.
She wants to keep him as a friend but knows the line "I just want to be friends" won't work. He told her "she has power over him." Oh dear.
But I am relieved that she's not smitten. Phew. Dodged that bullet.
Actually, now she just told him that it's not going to work out. I'm not sure if she blamed us, but I don't suppose that the worst white lie ever told. We don't really "approve" we just weren't going to prohibit it.
She decided she likes GuitarBoy better.
OMG.
GuitarBoy (who turns 17 next month) does go to her school and is in the jazz and pep bands with her. They also have Latin together. *sigh* Oh, how fickle the teen heart. I can't keep up.
But tomorrow is a big day. Preparing for the Homecoming Dance almost all day. Her date is BraveBoy (the gay senior?) They will have a ton of fun.
13 comments:
Oh god, this post makes my stomach hurt, thinking this is in my future.
I keep telling the Swede, once the first two boys who date my daughter turn up dead in a river, there won't be a third.
Then I remember being a teenage boy...I would have risked it.
Level 5 Cheerboy...
*wipes away Tears*
*wishing I could be a Fly on the Wall of the Great House*
Not in a Weird Stalker-y way though.
Give me a P, give me an I, give me a Z - Z - A!
Enjoy what could be a most interesting evening...
ASK HIM ABOUT LARPING!!!! =D
Give him hell! It is sooooo much fun!
Whatever you do, do NOT cook for him! Could inadvertantly send the premature message of acceptance...
PLAIN pizza for you, Cheerboy!
Ended up ordering Chinese. NOT cooking.
Aw, miko - and you did!
I agree with davi - you MUST ask him about LARPING!
Just so you can then further fill us with glee over his geekdom!
Come oooooooooooooooooooon. It's almost 10:30, what happened, what happened, what happened?
Oh yeah, did I mention patience is not my strong suit?
(DCD, yes I did)
It's only 10:14 here, folks. He left about 10 minutes ago.
He's a geek. He's a nice kid. He broke into song in my kitchen while helping with the dishes. Good voice but, damn, that was awkward.
He asked her out. She said she had to talk to her Dad.
Eldest self-confessed to being "confused" but is pretty sure she doesn't want to go out with him. She wants to know if it's alright to tell him that we don't approve. I told her I'd talk to her dad.
She wants to keep him as a friend but knows the line "I just want to be friends" won't work. He told her "she has power over him." Oh dear.
But I am relieved that she's not smitten. Phew. Dodged that bullet.
Actually, now she just told him that it's not going to work out. I'm not sure if she blamed us, but I don't suppose that the worst white lie ever told. We don't really "approve" we just weren't going to prohibit it.
She decided she likes GuitarBoy better.
OMG.
GuitarBoy (who turns 17 next month) does go to her school and is in the jazz and pep bands with her. They also have Latin together. *sigh* Oh, how fickle the teen heart. I can't keep up.
But tomorrow is a big day. Preparing for the Homecoming Dance almost all day. Her date is BraveBoy (the gay senior?) They will have a ton of fun.
Well, that's why any Guitarboy picks up the instrument in the first place...
Honestly though, would it be wrong to pray my daughter gets horrible acne when she turns 13?
Post a Comment