Happy Halloween all.
It's a Halloween house!

I don't know why, but I was just thinking of Halloween 14 years ago. Eldest was 17.5 months old. Younger was six days old.
I had ordered a teddy bear costume for Eldest. She was very adorable. But then Younger appeared and Eldest wanted the baby to go trick or treating too. So I put Younger in her yellow jammies (you know, those stretchy terrycloth ones that everyone gets as a shower present?), made some bumble bees out of black felt and yellow puffy paint, taped them to the baby and told Eldest the baby was her pot of honey! (Thank you Pooh Bear!)
This was when we still lived out in California. It was a beautiful evening. Car-man took door duty and I walked with the girls up and down the block. After she got candy, Eldest sat down on the doorstep and insisted on eating her candy right then and there. I could see this was going to be a VERY short trick-or-treat outing.
But then there was the event that truly cut the evening short. We stopped at a house where we knew the neighbors, but not that well. The lady (whose name I have now obliterated from my memory) came to the door. She fawned over Eldest. It was cute. Then she turned to me and said, "When are you going to have that baby? It seems like you've been pregnant forever."
WTH? See the stroller here lady? I'm not dragging it around for the aerobics of it. That's the baby. And yes, thank you very much, I'm still very, very fat.
I went home and ate most of the candy we were supposed to be handing out.
Have a great Halloween all...and try to avoid insulting your neighbors this evening.
13 comments:
LOL, nothing like turning to the one thing that won't help! I understand.
I've been smoking again for the last three months, after being off the damn things for two years. Reason? It helped relieve the stress of two family members with cancer.
Yep, I'm a friggin' genius.
BTW: I totally would've TP'ed her house!
The one good thing about food babies, though, is the lack of late night feedings. At least, that's my theory when I've been in the same boat!
People are rude and dumb!
I'm impressed that you took them trick-or-treating so soon after childbirth!
I swear I am not laughing! It's the thought that I would do the exact same thing - go home and eat all the candy - that has me smiling.
Way to rock on the instant costume though!
You should have told her that She was very Ugly. Something along the Lines of - "I may still have my Baby Weight lady....But, I can lose that."
"Ugly is Forever."
And then come back with a Carton of Eggs.
I never ever, ever comment on the possibility of preganancy. Unless I see someone everyday, and maybe not even then.
Also a no-no is to ask how the boyfriend/girlfriend is. Yeah, ouch.
Miko--There's a reason I didn't lose that last 30 pounds of baby weight until this year! (And, um, stop the ciggies. K?)
FADKOG--Um hum. Now I've gotten smart. I throw the candy away. Then is cannot tempt me!
Cocette--I was still on some good drugs!
DCD--It was darn cute!
CIII--Too bad I didn't know you and Miko then. You could have had tons of fun with eggs and TP on her place.
Rowan--Yeah, I learned that lesson being on the receiving end of stupidity central. What are the kiddos going to be tonight?
OUCH! See, that is why I avoid small talk.
Last night they went trick-or-treating at one of the dorms. Came home with a crap load of candy. Yay me!
Tonight they are going trick-or-treating in the neighborhood a bit. I was going to have them just give out candy, but a friend of the husband is coming over with his two girls and they are heading out together.
As long as I don't have to walk the neighborhood, I am good. ;)
i am definitely the one who chit chats with the woman like two seconds from giving birth and when she mentions that fact, I say, no sir? for reals? simply because I am so scared to death of getting it wrong.
happy halloween. i miss those footy pjs. i made heap loads of costumes out of those.
I could not possibly find a way in my heart to insult my neighbors as they gave out MARGARITAS last night to any grown-up who wanted one!
There is ALWAYS one in the bunch, who does not think before opening their mouth.
You shoulda done something to her, alright. Hopefully someday you can appreciate just how hilarious her idiotic, thoughtless spouting really was.
I can't get over how stupidly awful she sounds-- that's what's so funny to me.
Post a Comment