Tuesday, November 18, 2008

the argument

It went well. Really well. Not that a I want to jinx anything...but damn well.

I'm betting that anytime a member of your panel refers to your opposing party as a doofus (yes, that was the Judge's word) you can take it as a good sign. Here's how that went down:

Opposing counsel: And when we bought a first mortgage, we expected it to be a first, not a second erroneously filed as a first.

Judge: Well, that's why your client bought title insurance right? *pause, pause* Your client DID buy title insurance?

OC: No.

Judge: Then your client is a doofus.

I heard some other interesting cases argued before mine was called. It will be blogging fodder for some time.

Oh. And L.A. smells like a BBQ. Ewww. It made my throat hurt which isn't a good thing when you are doing public speaking, ya know?
P.S. I don't expect a ruling for six to nine months. Justice ain't speedy.

11 comments:

mathgeek said...

OF COURSE it went well! We all had confidence in your amazing intellectual and argumentative abilities. Six to nine months, eh? And I thought the two months it took to get the results of my exams was a long time.

Bijoux said...

The only thing that makes jury duty bearable are the mean judge's comments!

Congrats on a job well done, Laggin.

Carolyn...Online said...

Doofus. I mean if a judge can call someone that then I can call my kids that. Right?

Russ said...

That sounds like something out of Boston Legal!

Seriously said...

lmao - and did you manage to keep the smirk undercover at the doofus comment?

Dibs said...

Glad it went well. Of course, there was never any doubt...

For Myself said...

YEAH SISTAH!
Well done, ace. Go buy yourself a little paper mask to celebrate.

DKC said...

Awesome! Though I expected nothing less.

And the doofus thing? Snap!

for a different kind of girl said...

Six to nine months?! Wow!

You seem quite confidant, though, so I'm going to say YEAH now! Good job!

MsPicketToYou said...

SO happy for you.

Vodka Mom said...

that judge rocks. I'm just sayin'.

six to nine months? I could be dead by then.