Car-man rushed me through the call explaining that he had to drive Sasquatch home. I asked, "What is Sasquatch doing there?" I was actually thinking...what the hell is wrong with his dad? Sasquatch's finals start tomorrow morning. He should be home studying. (Eldest is done with her finals; but Sasquatch's are just starting.) As my brain is running through those silly thoughts, Car-man blurts out:

"I don't know. I guess he just needed to come over and make-out with our daughter."
Ugh.
And, sadly, Car-man sounded quite defeated.
I do believe that being a father of teenage girls is a heart-rending job.
7 comments:
I will never let my husband read this post.
Jesus, just one more thing to add to the growing list of things that I never want to think about!
Your hubby is a good guy. I left a message at the house for Eldest yesterday and he called around 9 p.m. last night to make sure she'd touched base with me and didn't stand me up. If that's not a stand-up guy, I don't know what is.
So how did Sasquatch get to your house?!
I'm taking a vow here and declaring it openly that I'll do everything in my power to raise boys who don't go over to make out with girls when they should be home studying for finals...especially when I consider how much studying my older son is going to need to do as the years go on!
ROFL - I know it's not funny, and I will get mine, but...
Send Car-man a hug for me. I am submitting a vote for Awesome Dad.
I am going to assume that Sasq-boy just stopped by for a brief visit - and that eldest kicked him out to go study.
As the mother of a 5 year old girl and a 10 year old girl stuff like this just SCARES me:)
I am totally dreading the teenage years!!!
i think that's so awesome. i also feel sorry for my dad.
Post a Comment