I just had the following experience on Facebook:
One of Eldest's friend's statuses read: "Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson."
He's 17, so I raised an eyebrow and moved on. You never call tell with this boy.
Then one of their friends commented: "Jesus loves you more than you will know; God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson; Heaven holds a place for those who pray."
The guy responded: "I♥Simon&Garfunkel."
The girl responded: "I suppose you do."
Knowing this kid pretty well (and he friended me, so I feel free to comment), I said: "I'm glad you like the musicians because otherwise you typing out these lyrics worries me. Well, and makes me laugh."
He said: "Eh?"
The girl responded: "I suppose you do."
Knowing this kid pretty well (and he friended me, so I feel free to comment), I said: "I'm glad you like the musicians because otherwise you typing out these lyrics worries me. Well, and makes me laugh."
He said: "Eh?"
I thought, "uh oh," but said: "Haha. You don't know what the song is about?"
He said: "Enlighten me."
He said: "Enlighten me."
Gulp.
I said, "Oh dear. It was written about/for the movie 'The Graduate'...which is about a young man having an affair with a married older woman. The phrase 'Mrs. Robinson' is to our generation what the phrase 'cougar' is to yours."
He said, "I wish I knew what those things were. I had to look up Cougar..."So I got smart and said, "Ok. Shutting up now."
I. am. an. idiot.
Here's to an afternoon at Mrs. Robinson's house...
9 comments:
LMAO, indeed! Too.Freakin.Funny.
oh. dear.
AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
I've never seen The Graduate, but was highly amused by Rumor Has It.
He would have found out eventually. That's what Urban Dictionary is for.
Way to corrupt a 17-year old, MRS. ROBINSON!
I just love the taste of my own foot.
That might just be the most hilarious thing I've heard all day. No- wait... all month.
That is too funny! Aren't you glad that you can educate today's youth? About their own slang, no less!
I'm confused.....what 17 YO doesn't know what a 'cougar' is??
Noooooooo!
Post a Comment