Thursday, December 25, 2008

yucking it up with younger

On our trip:

  • As we are driving on I-80 in western Nebraska, tumbleweeds came blowing across the freeway. Younger hollers, "Look Dad...WEEED.

  • Car-man and I were discussing his high school girlfriend. I said something about the fact that she's insisted on staying in touch with him all these years and that she had never gotten married. Car-man corrected me, saying, "Oh she did! She just got married this last summer." As I'm rolling my eyes, Younger says, "Wait. The first time she got married when she was 43?" Car-man confirmed this. Younger announced, "Wow. She must have been a real keeper!"

I love that girl.

It's a tumbleweed house.

7 comments:

Dibs said...

Your girl is a hoot! Did you get to see ex-GF during your visit?

DKC said...

Hysterical! Now she is a keeper!

Bijoux said...

Good kid comment!
Those tumbleweeds? Not something I've ever seen in my lifetime. Thanks for the enlightenment!

Seriously said...

That girl is a crack up!

Carolyn...Online said...

I need younger to give me some good come back lines. I'm fresh out.

Vodka Mom said...

I'm still thinking about the whole staying in touch thing. Hmmmmmm.


Merry merry!!!

MereCat said...

What a witty kid! How fun! Hey, I'm still in touch with my high school boyfriend, and I've been married twice!