Well, after a bit of a scene on Friday evening, I took Eldest's phone. Actually, I broke Eldest's phone. Intentionally. Not one of my prouder moments. The whole evening was pretty much a nightmare.
She is now phoneless. And I swear to God, she thinks the world has ended.
She is using every ounce of power she has to try and get that phone back...so far, she's going to fail out of school, not learn to drive, stop eating, she's depressed, she's scared something will happen at school and she won't be able to get a hold of anyone to help her, she's sad at night and needs to talk to someone, she wants to transfer immediately to the public school, she feels nauseous. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Do you know what my response is? I say, "I'm sorry about that, honey."
Yeah, I lie. I. am. not. sorry.
Showing why I love her, Janie took me out Saturday night and got me schnockered. I needed a release from all the kid-crapola. We went to a party at our hairdresser's house. His crowd was a hoot. It was gay boy heaven. Jane and I had major fun meeting Ty's guys. We were disappointed not to have been there the night before when, apparently a gay porn star was over and was swinging around his xtra large member before climbing neeekid into the whirlpool. There were boys with see-through shirts and leather (probably pleather) pants, shiny silver tops, wearing eye make-up and sparkles. Hoo boy. But Ty made the yummiest punch with a punch, evah. It was orange and cranberry juices, vodka, Grand Marnier, cinnamon and lots of fresh cut-up fruit. Mmmm.
I love my Ty. That boy can cut hair.
Ty's punch (and a beer at "The Peanut" after the party) caused fur to grow on my teeth while sleeping. I was not a perky mommy on Sunday during Younger's volleyball tournament. And truthfully? Most of those refs are pretty lucky I did not steal their damn whistles. Have you
ever listened to whistles in a gym when hanging? Bad, bad idea.
ever listened to whistles in a gym when hanging? Bad, bad idea.Sorry to blog and run, but I must go say, "I'm sorry you are missing your phone, honey," 40 more times before bed.
*sigh*
Yup. That's a drunken house.
9 comments:
I wonder how the hell teens were coping before the existence of cell phones. I didn't have one. My friends did. I didn't. I survived, somehow.
WoW!
I just caught up on where I'd left off from V-Day, and all I can say is, "Hang in there."
And keep on going to Ty's partys.
It's not just teens... it's also mother's and daughter's.
So again, "Hang in there!"
As for the phone, remind her she's now the ONLY one at school without one, so she'll have no trouble finding one to borrow in the case of an emergency.
I am the WORST mother in the world. My two youngest are 13 and almost 15. I have benn holding out on the cell phone arena. My youngest like to remind me that ALL her friends have them.
Sometime I wish I did get them one so I would have that as leverage when I need them to do something.
I need a Friend like Ty!
Well, at least you made an impression. Take it all the way and make her pay for the replacement phone. Can I hear the whole gory story Thursday night?
She got herself in this mess, she'll get out. After her lame attempts at a guilt trip on FB, I have limited sympathy.
Pretty funny - my gay hairdresser's name is Ky.
I need to file all these posts for the years ahead of me. When I will remember that breaking her phone is totally acceptable!
Goddammit, get that girl a new phone...a Sprint phone. In fact, a Palm Pre! My stock needs her support right now. Quit being so selfish and help save jobs right here in your hometown.
as for your last several posts...I am curled up in a fetal ball in fear that this will be me someday. Sorry.
Is this the stuff I have to look forward to? There isn't enough bourbon to see me through it. I'm not sure what the future holds, but at the moment, no cell phone for the kids (or one that can only call four or five preset numbers ie emergency use only).
Off topic: You invaded my dreams last night. Nothing untoward, just You and Car-man were vacationing in Charleston SC at the same time the Wife and I were. Odd.
Wow. Just wow.
My, weren't we deprived. How did we ever survive?
I am glad you got out. And I am glad she does not have possession of her phone.
I'm jealous of that PARTY you went to! I want to go to a wild party so bad. I never go anywhere. And man that stinks about the teen angst. I'm just all kinds of scared thinking about that being my future. I know I will break at least one phone for sure.
Post a Comment