There has been a lot going on.
I'm having trouble verbalizing what's going on. Which is odd. I usually am not tied up in talking about stuff.
It comes down to this. I am disappointed in Eldest. I don't understand what she's doing in her life. I don't understand her decisions. I don't understand failing school. I don't understand that damn boy.
It's not my job as a mom to understand her. But I can't even figure out how to approach what's going on because I just don't understand.
Here's the funny thing...I want to grab her and shake her because of her personal and school decision-making...but, other than her constant complaining about being sick, she's really been kind of a joy to be around.
With teenagers you can never win. That's why the title of this post is stolen from a song that is my current mommy-rock-anthem. I bring you...Teenagers by My Chemical Romance:
9 comments:
I've decided you need to move your ass HERE so we can wallow in our teenage hell together. drunk.
Holy crap. I'm moving far away from wherever you two are. To a land called Denial.
I'll be road-tripping with For Myself, thank you very much.
What a conundrum. It sound as if she is completely lovable and completely infuriating simultaneously. I hate when they do that.
Good luck. If that doesn't work, go find Vodka Mom.
Yeah - I'm on the train to Denial with FM and Dibs.
It makes my hair stand up on end to think about the years ahead. I think my parents must have felt much like you do now when I was a teenager. *ahem* Not my best decision making years!
Two teenage girls in high school...I feel your pain. We should go out some night and compare stories over margaritas ;)
I'm a year and a half out from the teenage years, but already I'm fearful, and I'll be dealing with a boy, so I can only hope I'll be spared some of the drama. Gah!
Wish you well...
*shudder and cringe*
I'm going to be so very Bad at Teenagers. I imagine saying something like.....
"Straighten up, or I swear to all that is Good, I'll shave your friggin' Head while you sleep!!"
*sigh*
Just when I am ready to tell some story about the horrors the kiddos have committed, you come along and remind me it is only going to get worse...
I need to go ask my mom when it gets better, but I am afraid I won't like the answer.
Is it still against the "PC" rules of parenting to threaten to beat them within an inch of their lives?
That's gonna' be my answer, I just know it...the frustration of trying to rationalize with them will finally lead to death threats.
It's hard to imagine this little girl who so adores me, is going to find me so annoying in the future.
Ugh...
Post a Comment