Eldest just called me on her way home from swim practice. She is still not off academic probation (but is doing better). She wanted to know if it was too late to cancel math tutoring tonight.
I said, "I just got off the phone with the tutor and confirmed you would be there! You told me last night that you had work to do with her."
Then I got this, "I know I told you that. But I need to save my math homework for Math Lab tomorrow. I have to be doing math work in math lab or I'll get a detention. And I don't have any other math to be doing."What? Am I really supposed to believe that they cannot come up with other math for her to do in a class called MATH lab?
That's house with numbers.
11 comments:
Nice try, but no candy cigar for Eldest. There must be something in the air tonight. I just got, "I can't do my math because I want to comb the dog."
As much as I loathed math in school, it would be so much easier to just do it myself...
Patience! Courage! Giant frozen margaritas (with salt, of course) served in frosty glasses by young, handsome, dark-haired men!
Uuuuuhhhh. I don't even really know what to say to that one. Except I want in on the margarita train!
so when the 4th grader says her teacher doesn't care about capital letters....?
it starts and continues I guess...
Here's a math equation for her to work on:
math during math lab + math during math tutoring = an end to academic probation
Oh my hell! Screw the margaritas and hit the tequila head on.
Here's a nifty little equation: my foot+ her ass= ?
I dragged her ass to tutoring and e-mailed her regular and math lab teachers to let them know she apparently needs MORE math to do. Bwuahaha! I have PMS, do not fuck with me.
PMS + Academic probation = math2 (squared)
I have family members in the same boat.
This is similar to my kids telling me they shouldn't do their homework because they have a second period study hall in the morning.
I watched a thing about teenage brains and how they're not fully developed in the reasoning capacity area. I think you just got concrete proof.
Kudos to Eldest - Keep trying girlfriend. You will slip one past the mom eventually!
Well, it's like my Grand-dad used to say...."If you don't make any Calls, you don't make any Sales."
Good try, Eldest. Bravo. Well played.
But methinks you're gonna have to bring your A Game if'n you want to outsmart Mom.
Post a Comment