I was reading over at Trout Towers about Susan's continuing life on the wild side . . . her life raising chickens in her backyard. (No, she's not a hillbilly. She likes opera and lives in San Fransisco. *edited--I'm a dork, she lives on Cape Cod.*) And...err...raises chickens, in her backyard. Yeah. I know. But she really does seem normal.)
Anyhow, whilst reading and chuckling at her hawk story, I suddenly went, "OMG. Best. movie. ever! Why have I never told Susan about the chicken movie?" So I told her about it. And then I discovered that somebody uploaded the. best. movie. ever. to YouTube. And you can watch it for free! You don't have to pay PBS $19.99 for a copy of the movie.
I have a feeling you do not understand how cool this is, how very blessed you are. It's the. best. movie. ever. For free!! (And Mama McShortie, you better back me up on this one! Mama and I actually ATE chicken--on purpose--while watching the movie.)
And, yes, the. best. movie. ever. was produced by PBS. Yes, yes, it's a movie about chickens. But don't doubt me. Just go grab a little snacky-poo and settle down to watch it.
That's just the first part. You can find the other five parts yourself on YouTube. Just search "The Natural History of the Chicken." Trust me.
And, yes, those are all pictures of chicken houses!
9 comments:
Oh-ho-ho. I thank you for this gem. I'm going to forward this link immediately to my mother. I guarantee you she will appreciate it.
I love the reinactment, "By God She's Alive!" And CPR, God bless her.
I wish I could have chickens. I may only be 30 minutes from SF and probably in a more agreeable space for chickens, but my neighbors and husband would never forgive me.
Can we still be friends if I live on Cape Cod? and I'm with Zip - the "By God, she's alive!" reinactment was brilliant. I loved her choice of water bottles.
I can't wait to check this out. At work now so I can't see it - damn Youtube blockers!!
I'm pretty sure I just laid an egg.
"So I just pried her little beak open...In three hours she was back in business!"
I'll have to watch the rest some night post beverages. This is a GEM!
I watched that. It was on a few nights ago.
Then, I went for a Two-Piece and a Biscuit.
Chickens are fucking delicious.
Oh. My. Goodness!! It has been way too long since I've thought about the chicken movie and Popeyes! Thank you for bringing a big smile to my face today!
We live in Reno and we have chickens. Our favorite "Slippers" was attacked by a dog last summer and we actually took her to the vet and the dog owner to our lawyer. While she was "recooperating" she lived in our guest bathroom for about a month. She finally met her demise last month and we painted the bathroom the color of her eggs! When my husband took her egg to Home Depot to be matched the paint-mixer actually asked him if he wanted the finish to be eggshell. HA HA - Thanks for the movie.
I can't watch anything about chickens. My sister told me things once in high school and I couldn't eat chicken for almost ten years. And WHY is it suddenly so popular to have chickens in your yard?! I'll be having to give it up again any minute.
Oh, that is too wonderful! Thanx ever so!
We had a chicken when I was a kid. We lived in suburbia and one day a whole bunch of chickens just wandered down the street. Somehow one of them came to live in our back yard. We named her Henna. She laid lots of green eggs. When we sold the house, they got Henna. I do hope they didn't eat her!
Post a Comment