Subtitle: A Teenage Tale Told via Facebook Status.
Yellow is Eldest; Blue is Sasquatch. White is editorial.
Is having a really good day. Thanks to someone special. Haha. :D (Friday, April 3 at 9:33 p.m.)
*sigh* (Friday at 10:19 p.m.)
fml. (Friday at 10:27 p.m.) (If you aren't familiar with it, this means "fuck my life".)
hates it when he's upset..... (Friday at 10:29 p.m.)
It's you, and me, and all other people. And I don't know why...I can't keep my eyes off of you. (Saturday at 11:19 p.m.)
Is sorry, for everything, but she can't help who she is. (Sunday at 5:55 p.m.)
Is single for a while. Might not be forever, things might get fixed. But I'm single. (Sunday at 6:53 p.m.)
is sorry for everything she's done, but she can't change who she is... (Monday at 1:21 a.m.)
Can't sleep, go figure. (can't stop thinkin about him, i gotta fix this.) (Monday at 3:53 a.m.)
No ones awake...need someone to talk to..... (Monday at 4:02 a.m.)
I'm sorry, n. I really, really am. >< (Monday at 4:39 a.m.)
Its seems like everythings going wrong, but i know i can fall back into you. i'm STILL sorry, n... >< (Monday 08:59 a.m.)
Is sorry. please forgive me, n? (Monday 3:57 p.m.)
Is tired. And worn down. Doesn't want to do this anymore... (Monday 6:22 p.m.)
(Sasquatch messages me and asks me to make sure Eldest is ok. He is afraid she may hurt herself. We also discuss a drug dealer at his school, Brice--yeah, I'll use this scumball's real name. Brice is the best-friend of Sasquatch-squared (the twin). Sasquatch is trying to get Brice to leave Eldest alone but is not sure he will succeed. He warns me Brice is no good. Truthfully, Sasquatch isn't a bad guy--he's just no good for Eldest.)
Is really, really happy. :D (Monday 9:44 p.m.)
(After school on Tuesday, Sasquatch has an emergency session with with his therapist. It is decided that he is a danger to himself and his mother takes custody of him for the balance of the week as she can be with him 24 hours a day. He tells Eldest to "fuck off" and that he will be evaluated on Friday for potential in-patient psychiatric treatment.)
wont be at school for the rest of the week peace. (Tuesday at 8:48 p.m.)
. (Tuesday at 9:02 p.m.)
Feels like shit. (Tuesday 10:03 p.m.)
*is sitting down in my big circle chair abusing netflix XD* happy? (Tuesday at 10:59 p.m.) (This is apparently in response to several friends who are trying to cheer him up; probably including Eldest.)
probly needs to sleep some (Wednesday at 1:14 a.m.)
Doesn't want to go to school today, just wants to sleep and pretend like she is a semi decent person. Of course, thats hard to do. I wish I could run away from it all. I wish I could hide. I wish I could cry. Most of all, I wish I could stop blameing myself. Because its not my fault. I did what I could. (Wednesday 6:25 a.m.)
with I steady supply of food mountain dew movies and a psp I make my assault on boredom (Wednesday at 1:07 p.m.) (He's in his mother's apartment above her antique store; his father usually has custody.)
Wishes she could stop blaming herself for things she couldn't ever have helped, even if she'd tried harder. I wish I had, but I didn't, and it would have only delayed what had to come. I'm only 15, I can only do so much. But I'd do it again, if it helped you. Is going to move on from this day, and be happy. I hope you follow suit. (Wednesday 1:11 p.m.)
(Wednesday evening, Eldest meets "N," who she met through Sasquatch, at the mall.)
Just had a really good time. (Wednesday 8:49 p.m.)
is finally done working whew (Wednesday at 10:14 p.m.)(Apparently his mother put him to work in her antique store.)
Best night i've had in a really, really, really long time. (Wednesday 10:34 p.m.)
*sigh* (Thursday at 10:15 a.m.)
Has spent to much time regretting things I never could have changed. Its time to live for me. Carpe Diem. (Thursday 11:16 a.m.)
...well this sucks its not getting any better woot. (Thursday at 12:47 p.m.)
. (Thursday at 12:53 p.m.)
(Thursday evening, against her mother's advice Eldest goes to Sasquatch's orchestra concert. She is not sure he will be there; she goes in order to see "N" whose sister is also in the orchestra. Sasquatch is there. He has learned that Eldest rebounded to "N". At one point he almost lashes out and hits Eldest. Another guy steps in and stops the blow. Apparently, after a talk, Eldest and Sasquatch separated with a hug and he tells her to go be happy.)
you look at me from on top of the world while I sit below it in the chaos. (Thursday at 8:19 p.m.)
Is really, really happy with life right now. Everything will fall into place. ♥ (Friday 3:07 p.m.)
(I am guessing, but it appears that in the evaluation it is decided that Sasquatch will not be hospitalized. He visits school and reports from friends are that he visits several teachers and talks to friends around school.)
is headed back to the real world (Friday at 7:44 p.m.)
is headed back to the real world for the time being (Friday at 7:45 p.m.)
In this world theres real and make believe, and this seems real to me. Carpe diem! (Saturday 12:44 a.m.)
is peace nd remember relax you'll live longer (Saturday at 1:30 a.m.)
(Saturday morning a joint friend runs into Sasquatch and informs Eldest that he seems to be doing ok.)
(At a time unknown to me on Saturday something "no bueno" happens with Sasquatch. I don't know exactly what happened but it seems pretty clear that there is a suicide attempt. Sasquatch is no longer home. No one in the family will tell anyone on the outside what happened but will say that Sasquatch is "safe".)
(About 7:45 that evening, Asshat--you all remember him?--messages me and says he's afraid Eldest is suicidal and that she's going to try and get drugs from Brice to hurt herself. He asks if he can take her for a run so they can talk. I let her go.)
Everything is gonna be alright, everything is gonna be alright, everything is gonna be alright, be strong believe. (Sunday 9:02 p.m.)
(Asshat redeems himself. And in case you're worried, Tonks, Eldest isn't interested in Asshat. "N" is currently first in line.)
(Eldest learns that Sasquatch is "gone" and she can get no information about what happened to him. Sasquatch-squared basically tells her what happened to Sasquatch is her fault.)
Is done trying. Because all trying means is pain. (Sunday 9:25 p.m.)
i'm through accepting limits, because somone says they're so. somethings i cannot change, but until i'll try i'll never no. i think i'll try defying gravity. (Monday 4:24 p.m.)
What else can I say? She's mood swinging all over the place. It seems pretty clear that Sasquatch ended the relationship because he had this planned and didn't want to kill himself while he was with her. We can now see him getitng things arranged...tellimg me what I needed to know to protect Eldest...several school related things...etc. It breaks my heart for he and his family. I hope they are getting him the help he needs.
As for Eldest...I am watching her...and loving her...and being cautious. I have blocked Brice from her cellphone. She has accepted that I don't want her talking to him. I'm irritated about "N". Why can't she just recover for awhile? But mostly I just wonder how my baby-girl ended up here. I wish she could find exactly what Sasquatch wished...peace.
16 comments:
sigh-does she like her new therapist and seeing him/her soon?
is this what you were trying to tell me last night? Sorry, I just wasn't catching the last part...
Eldest says the new therapist is "fine". Feel free to interpret that. I need to set the next meeting. Car-man didn't do it. :(
This makes my head and heart hurt.
Quite frankly I'd rather she rebound with Asshat- at least he's a known entity.
Is there anything I can do for you, friend?
Oh my god that just makes my heart hurt. I feel like there are all of these kids standing on the edge of a cliff. I hope you can get Eldest to back away slowly.
It's amazing how much you can piece together from the little snippets of sentences.
I wish you the best with Eldest... she's lucky to have you, even if she doesn't seem to acknowledge that right now.
I'm with Carolyn...my heart is hurting on this one.
I want to fucking strangle Sasquatch-squared. How DARE he tell her that what happened to Sasquatch was HER fault!!
Praying for you. =(
Unlike sasquatch who is a wounded kid; the problems in their lives turned Sasquatch-squared into a bad person.
Man, Laggin. Her raw passion will be her greatest asset some day, don't you think?
This is a hard, crappy, painful time. I'm really sorry.
I am still rereading this and your messages trying to wrap my head around it. I hope she is trying to write some of this out... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help her, you... Especially you.
Eldest really reminds me of myself when I was her age. And I didn't have a therapist, and my mommy didn't stalk me on Facebook (I mean that in a funny way, laugh please??). And I didn't have friends calling my parents to say they're worried I might do something to hurt myself.
And yet...Here I am, aged 23, maybe not entirely happy with my current situation, but content in general and willing to take on the world so I can be happy and free and myself.
Eldest will be alright in the end, and she'll walk away from all this having learned some valuable life lessons. The sun will shine on her face again, and she will smile and laugh and be free.
I'm gonna need 15 minutes alone with this Brice kid.
I'm also gonna need a roll of Duct Tape and a Phone Book.
Fucking drug dealing Parasite.
Ugh. It just hurts to read these posts. I like to think I'm somewhat prepared for my kids' teen years -- I mean, I was one once, right? I am clearly not prepared. It is particularly tough to read about Eldest on days I'm home with just my ornery but innocent baby girl. Regardless, hang in there -- if anyone can help Eldest pull herself through, it is you. Let me know if there is anything I can do, even if it is just get coffee to vent.
Oh man, you must be on pins and needles right now. Hopefully Eldest will know what decisions feel right. My heart goes out to you.
oh laggin.
Post a Comment