Sunday, October 18, 2009

calling creative bloggies



This weekend is Younger's fifteenth birthday. (Yeah, my baby is 15. *sigh*  That's a picture of her the summer she was six.)

Anyhow, part of the party is going to be a scavenger hunt in the neighborhood. Not the kind where they knock on people's door. Instead, they will have digital cameras and have to take pictures off a list. Then we will award prizes...most creative, fastest, most pictures, etc.

My brain is frizzling out and I need help thinking of ideas for pictures. Here is what I have so far:

1. Something that reminds you of cheerleading; the picture must contain two team members acting like cheerleaders
2. A picture of something in nature that runs, but doesn't walk (this item cannot be manmade)
3. A picture including a color that doesn't occur in nature
4. Give us the old collegiate try
5. A picture with a windchime in it and one team member making wind
6. A vehicle that might be driven by a Leprechaun
7. A picture with fruit in it; the picture must include three team members doing their best imitation of a banana
8. Something the size of a hand, with the item and the hands of four team members in the picture
9. Something you can climb on; the picture must include three team members imitating monkeys
10. Two teams members play-acting a sword fight
11. Something that reminds you of french fries
12. Show us your best Halloween spirit
13. One picture containing five triangles
14. Something that represents the number 15
15. Something that makes you think of birthdays (and pictures of the birthday girls don't count)

I'd like to have a list of 20 or 30 items.  Anyone have good ideas?  The rules will include staying out of yards, but they will have access to a small park and a green-belt area with a creek running through it.  The clues can require crazy pictures, be riddles (the runs and doesn't walk thing is supposed to lead them to water), be things that will be super easy or very difficult to find.  I want them to be creative.

Any suggestions appreciated!

8 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I'm brain dead.


good luck!!!!!!

Russ said...

"...a team member making wind" Perhaps it is just my juvenile sense of humor, but this can go horribly wrong!

As to ideas, Look here:
http://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff.com/around-town-scavenger-hunt.html
or here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_good_list_of_things_for_a_scavenger_hunt_party.

Me said...

No ideas but OMG are these the pictures the babysitter took that summer??? Where did the time go?

justmakingourway said...

Oh man. I suck at this kind of creative stuff. I know you have wind chimes, but what about something else "music" related? Find something that you can use to make music and take pictures of team members on their instruments?

Is that totally lame?

for a different kind of girl said...

I wish I had ideas for you, but I'm overwhelmed by the awesomeness of your present clues! Those are fantastic! I haven't been on a scavenger hunt in ages (I dread to think it was when *I* was 15...), so I wonder if my brain would be able to work at my age to complete these!

Bijoux said...

I've got nothing! Hope the party was a success!

terin said...

*sigh* you are like the most awesomest mommy ever. And no, I cannot accept the fact that she is going to be 15.

Tiny Dancer said...

I was 15 the last time I was on a scavenger hunt. I think one item was a picture with a polaroid camera, and string or marbles, or buttons or a really large safety pin? I know, I'm no help at all, but when I realized how long ago I was on a scavenger hunt, my mind froze up.