Wednesday, October 14, 2009

can i put a stop to this?

This week is "Spirit Week" at Eldest's school--St. Pricey.  Tomorrow is 80's day.

Um.  No.  Actually, precisely, I mean HELL NO.  My decade cannot be a costume decade.  Costumes are preserved for flappers, the 50's, hippies.  I cannot do the 80's.  Just NO.  I am not this old.

But I did pull together a damn good Flashdance costume if I must say so myself.  And she is going to have the biggest damn hair possible.  If they are going to mock me, I shall seek my revenge through large humiliating hair. 

After all...it's only fair.

Perhaps I shall sneak a picture and post it later.  :)

10 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

It's because of things like this as well as hearing our music classified as "oldies" on the radio that make me weep, or throw my head down on a table, ala Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club. Sheer craziness!

Bijoux said...

It was spirit week here two weeks ago, and yes, there's always an '80's day now. And yes, my kid has a damn good outfit, a la David Byrne big box jacket. It rocks! And she's using it for Halloween, along with some leg warmers!

Russ said...

But, but, the 80's rocked! I wanna go back! (Alright, I won't go that far.)

Dread Pirate Davi said...

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES.

Plural. Not just one. =D

Heather said...

Yep. Spirit week here too! We are still having 60's day.

I hate 80's day too, but I do roll a mighty fine tight jean.

terin said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Dibs said...

Mkay, do you remember there was a time when "big hair" was actually a compliment. I remember AV using half a can of hair spray making "hair tunnels." And we could smoke in the house. It's a wonder we didn't blow ourselves up!

Hope her hair is a HUGE success. And yes, having '80s day is very wrong.

Monica said...

My kids all say that 80's clothes are vintage. So I guess I am now considered vintage.

But on the up side all of the clothes from the 80's are coming back into style. Now that makes me feel old as I don't dare wear those tight clothes now.

Tiny Dancer said...

Oh dear, if 80's is vintage that just makes me ancient. My kids were born in the 80's (mid - late, but still 80's). I'm going to stop incriminating myself. I'll go back to feeling like a 30-something.

siskbert said...

Sweetheart, it was a costume decade when we were living it at the time. ;)