So here's a list of why this isn't an abandoned blog.
- Work is insanely busy. In this economy, I cannot complain. But I've been really focused on it.
- We had a crazy summer, mostly because aliens kidnapped me and I lived in an alternative universe for part of the summer. This was all Younger's fault. I actually blogged about it, elsewhere. Read this...or not.
- Eldest has remained healthy and stable. Phew.
- Speaking of Eldest--who was on-line schooled for second semester last year--she has returned to a bricks and mortar school. It turns out she hated the on-line thing. (Of course, her mother KNEW she would, but who listens to their mother, right? I don't.) So after a little ninja-direction from said-mother, Eldest decided that she wanted to go to a tiny 1-12 school in our metro area that specializes in kids with learning disABILITIES of above-average intelligence (that's their tag line). So far, it has been wonderful. She's happy, thriving, apparently learning, getting decent grades and generally being content. As she says, "When everyone is different, no one is different." There are something like 17 kids in the upper school (8-11th graders--there are no seniors this year). And it's just been really, really great.
- Younger had her first break-up after six months. She survived without a ragged heart. Phew again. She's decided boyfriends are a lot of work and is just hanging with the girls. Me = pleased.
- Car-man and I passed the 21 year mark this summer. We've been working on our relationship post-nightmare. It's surprised me how much fall-out there was between us. Tough times. Tough to write about it. It's a work in progress.
- Oh. We stripped the old wallpaper out of the kitchen. This was a good choice. Then we painted it in what was supposed to be apple green; it turned out lime green. This was a bad choice. In a horrid coincidence, we started this project right a couple of days before the alien abduction (see 2 above). It took us forever to finish the project. I was reminded why I hate redecorating. I think I will burn down the house rather than reselling it some day.
- Volleyball continues to dominate our lives. Younger played on two teams this summer and worked out with her school team four mornings a week all summer. She's playing on the high school's sophomore team this fall. It's not an excellent experience. The coach sucks.
- I have two drivers and now we have four cars in front of our house.
- There has only been one accident. Eldest ran a red. *sigh* Everyone was ok.

4 comments:
Meh, same over here.
Yet you've been blogging regardless. I have nothing to show for my lame summer, aside from venom directed at Delta airlines. What a fantastic opportunity for Younger!! =D
Holy Carp! Look at all you've been doing!
That's an amazing opportunity for Younger - clearly you don't need me to say, "she's beautiful." But damn! Nice genes, laggin.
Love hearing that Elder is in a good place as well.
Love hearing it all - even the not great parts. Happens to all of us.
Plus? I've been a horrible blogger this year in general. Hoping to get back into it. Happy to hear from you, as always!
xo
My mom wanted to live at Disneyland. Does that count as living in an alternate universe. I think I was the alien tho. I wanted to be a model at 16. Dad said no, it would interfere with my grades. I showed him. I never got much higher than a C.
Lovely update!
Y'know that last comment sounds awfully lame and self absorbed! What I meant was I understand living in an alternate reality. And I think it's terrific that younger is going the whole modeling route. Good for her. I think it takes a lot and you're wonderful to support her.
Post a Comment