Friday, May 20, 2011

it WILL be lovely

I been "accused" of being grey...a grey blog...as in stormy and unhappy.  Although I do note that this accusation came full of love and e-hugs and all that good stuff from a bloggy friend.  So here's the thing...despite it being a rather grey, stormy, nasty spring day here...AND despite the fact it is Friday...which is currently my most despised day of the week, I am in a surprisingly light-hearted and happy mood.

Why?

Well, now that you should ask, because many friends...real life and bloggy...have been keeping me engaged and entertained.  And I have reconnected with an old friend this week.  AND because I have lovely plans this weekend...a weekend chock full of lovely, in fact.  Tonight I am going to the Nelson for dinner at the Rozzelle Court (that's a picture of it) and a special tour with some friends from the arts council to see the Monet exhibit.  The Nelson has reunited one of Monet's water lily triptychs (here).  I have a huge soft-spot for Monet.  Younger and her best friend are going with me...and we "might" find time for ice cream after.  Okay.  I lie.  We WILL have ice cream.  Diet be damned.  Yes...Glace.  (Just looked at the site...be still my heart...they have my favorite the pineapple cilantro sorbet.  But look new flavors...jasmine tea...strawberry balsamic...and....um roasted beet and goat cheese...not too sure about that one.)

And then there will be all sorts of yoga, graduation parties, and an outing with no undue fussing this weekend.  By sure force of my will...this is going to be a good weekend.

For you non-KC people, this is a photo of Kansas City's "art house," the Nelson-Atkins Museum with its new fabulous addition, a building Time Magazine called the most important piece of architecture in 2007.  More on it here.

So, dearest pirate...I hope this is a wee bit happier post.  <3 you.

8 comments:

Davi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dread Pirate Davi said...

I am WICKED jealous of your Monet plans. I've had a soft spot for his art ever since my 7th grade presentation on him. :)

Irish Gumbo said...

And thus do the good green things grow :)

I'm on-again, off-again about Stephen Holl's work, but I have to say that one is a beaut.

Happy Friday, my dear!

Tiny Dancer said...

Ha! Now I am caught up. I just forgot to click on "newer posts."
And I like your new non-gray blog. Very green and cheery!

What a treat -- I love Monet. Enjoy the show and weekend.

Bijoux said...

Looks wonderful!

kell said...

I have been looking forward to today all week. See you in a bit! :)

Vodka Mom said...

i hope that your day and weekend are lovely.


xx

Irish Gumbo said...

Monet I like. Stephen Holl? I'm ambivalent about the wunderkind.