Wednesday, May 4, 2011

yes...i am still the mother of teenagers

Yes, I am still the mother of teenagers.

And, yes, I can still find head-banging humor in this fact.

I am experiencing one of those moments right now.

Younger and the new boyfriend (she has been boy-free for almost nine months) are downstairs "doing homework."

I just walked into the dining room to find Hope--my dog--lying at the top of the stairs staring down.  Her head was cocked one way and then she would turn it the other.  I tried to figure out what she was doing; there is nothing to see at the bottom of those stairs.  Then I realized she was intently listening to something.

So I listened too.  And there was the unmistakable sounds of kissing.

I did not need to hear that.

I need to go find the hard liquor.

3 comments:

Russ said...

Bourbon is my liquor of choice. Although, when the kids start dating, I may have to find something harder.

Bijoux said...

Red, red wine........

T said...

A 12-pack of a nice lite beer maintains a good light buzz. Not that I would know, I have just heard... ;)