Tuesday, June 14, 2011

awck

While I am most definitely a girly-girl...sometimes I hate it when I go all girl on myself. Right as I was getting ready to turn out the lights tonight, I saw this on my bedroom wall:


Um. There is no way on God's green earth that I am going to sleep with THAT in my room. But this opinion necessitated that I be willing to rid myself of this nightmare creature. (Seriously. WTH is that thing?)

So after a little inner chat with myself...wherein I had to call myself several unflattering names like chicken and fraidy-cat...I convinced myself to off the creature.

Sandal in hand, I approached. Then a horrifying thought: What if I miss and knock it to the floor and it escapes? The sassy girl in my brain took over and responded in a pretty snarky tone, "Well then, you better not miss. Right?" (That girl in my brain can be a real bitch sometimes.)

So I took aim, swung and....missed.

Sheeeeeeeeeit.

That sucker scurried under my bedside table.

I contemplated a permanent move to the basement. Really, a bedroom all to myself seems excessive. Let the little guy with 10,000 legs have it.

Well, it was either move to the basement, sleep with it in my room (*shudder*) or hunt it down.

After several comical moments, including accidentally making several ridiculously girly squealing noises (these disgusted me but escaped nonetheless), I finally located that bugger and took him out with a shower curtain rod. I always prefer one of those to a sword anyway.

12 comments:

fashionfreak said...

I can honestly say that I am the same way when it comes to some kind of creature in my room. I either hit the couch or kill it and if I decide to kill it, I still sleep on the couch for two nights just to get over the thought of it being in my bedroom.

Russ said...

I prefer using a tissue or paper towel (depending on relative size and or ability to inflict pain) for all of my insect control needs.

T said...

Ewwwwww... Just ewwwwww.

Jasper Mockingbard said...

C'mon. Bare hands. Always.

Leslie said...

Russ...that would be too close for comfort. And Jasper...no damn way. I would move out first.

Bijoux said...

O.M.G...........those damn centipedes are a hundred times worse than spiders to me. They freak me out! Glad you were able to find it. I have a habit like fashionfreak where I keep checking the area for MONTHS afterwards.

Irish Gumbo said...

You go, girl! Those things are creepy. Had them in an office I worked in several years ago, and they gave me the heebie-jeebies.

My weapon of choice was a rolled up set of drawings. Smackdown!

Monica said...

Oh holy crap, I am peeing in my pants from laughing so hard!

I can see you in my head, squealing and jumping to get away from the thing. Then wth your magic shower curtain rod you graciously swing and joust and poof it is annihilated.

Thanks for that I really needed a good giggle today!

mathgeek said...

I'm sure there's an open spot for you to join me at boy scout camp this summer. You would LOVE it.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Eeekkk, eeekkk. Kill it, kill it, kill it. Okay, now I feel better. I noticed you weren't too scared to stop and take a picture.

tera said...

I hate almost any bug with more than 4 legs...and some 4 legged ones! Yeesh. When I was about 20 I had a roommate that was terrified of spiders. We were drinking Boone's Farm or some such cheap-o wine cooler thing and watching Night Tracks (boy, does that shit date me or what?) and this huge hairy spider crawled across the floor. She jumped up on the couch and started dialing her boyfriend to come kill it.
Seriously.
When he didn't answer, she told me to stop laughing and find the damn thing. It had scuttled under the rocking chair. She ran to her bedroom, grabbed a shoe, had me pull the chair back, and WHAM WHAM WHAM she smeared that thing into a bloody pulp - screaming the entire time.
I seriously laughed my ass off.
I still tease her about that. :)

Pearl said...

Ack! I don't know what it is about those things -- they just seem so unreliable and untrustworthy...

Pearl