1. Seeing a robin sitting on the highest peak of the roof on my townhouse when I arrived at home today. He seemed to be my welcoming committee.
2. Productive days with interesting projects at work.
3. Meals made by Eldest. That girl can cook. She made her own pesto for chicken last week. Tonight she created a molasses, sherry marinade for a pork tenderloin. It was pretty terrific. She also steamed artichokes and made a berry salad. Yum. Quite seriously, yummy.
4. The boundless opportunities of life.
5. The fact that right now, things are really good with Eldest (oy...don't let my
6. Lemon curd and blueberry ice cream.
7. The fact that Younger is off in Colorado, with a group of friends, working with the homeless population there. She makes me so proud.
8. When shuffle on iTunes creates a great synchronicity of thoughts and notes. Of course, then there are the times it creates shocking horrors of combination.
9. Having a swimming pool one block from my house.
10. The results of six months of yoga practice. I have arm muscles! But more importantly, I have a much more peaceful attitude.
This is Eugene O'Neill's Tao House.
Picture from here.
Are those things really the "tao" of me? Are they the unconditional and unknowable source and guiding principle of my reality? Perhaps.
In some sense that list is pretty representative of me. There is only one piece missing from the list. Love. That is truly the tao I am working on. Tao, as the dictionary put it, as the art or skill of doing something in harmony with the essential nature of the thing that is me. Or that I want to be me.
5 comments:
Oh, how interesting. And LOVE that house.
Sounds like Eldest really CAN cook... Wow. Now I want pork tenderloin.
Pearl
Good stuff!
I'm hungry.
Love is in the essential nature of us all, I think. We have to work at seeing the path, the way.
Sometimes, light comes from unexpected places and we find love, right there.
It is the Way.
Leslie,
Thanks for your recent comment on The LG Report, just came over to check out your blog and I love your writing, just signed up to follow. I used to practice law and had a case with a firm in Shawnee Mission for a few years, great people. Love Kansas. Thanks for stopping by!
My husband often used to say "love don't come when called". It does come though. Often unexpectedly :)
Post a Comment