Monday, September 19, 2011

foggy, froggy...all those "f" words

Ooo boy...did I wake up in a mood today or what? Too bad I can't just climb back in bed and stay there. Society would be better for it, believe you me.

Really? I should be in a better mood. I had a good weekend with good friends. My good buddy T and I went to go see the Foo Fighters on Friday night. It was an awesome concert. (I miss you T...you should blog again...to keep me company. Think about it?) The wackos from Topeka came over to protest and FF went outside and serenaded them.  LOVE it.

Funniest part of Friday was Younger's reaction to T spending the night.  I no longer have a guest room.  So, I told T she could have the couch or crash with me.  We've known each other since we were 16, we were roommates in college, so it didn't seem odd to us that she slept in my bed.  But you would think I'd told Younger I had decided to roast worms for dinner.  She was positively skeeved out by the idea.  I just chuckled at her as I pointed out that I have known T since I was Younger's age.  It would be like her best-friend spending the night with her 30 years from now.  She seem unconvinced.  Slumber parties are apparently something mothers don't do.

Oh lawd.  30 years?  Shoot me.  Jeez, T, we must have been single-cell organisms when we met.

Then, Saturday night I went to the tackiest dance club on the face of the earth with a good friend whose birthday this week is a mere six weeks after she and her husband split.  So when she wanted to go to a tacky dance club, who was I to say no?  We had fun . . . even if my broken toe and I spent the evening playing pool and not dancing.  I have now decided that the most pathetic thing in the world is the 35+ woman trying too hard to pick-up a man in a tacky dance club.  There were several subjects I wanted to grab by the shoulders, shake repeatedly and shout, "Wake up, woman!  That man you are trying to get is a LOSER! Have some self-respect, remove some of the make-up, and the length of that skirt is doing you no favors.  Try knee length...those of us with some cottage cheese, can't wear those skirts, sweetheart."  Sigh.  Also, can I just say that a post-baby belly does not belong in a spandex dress?  Oy.  That's just nasty.

However, Sunday morning, Eldest and her car had a run-in with a cement pylon in the McDonald's drive-through.  Whatever she did to the car (which had to be towed), is NOT going to be cheap.  CRAP!

So this morning, I woke up after a fitful night's sleep and I'm just in a yucky mood.  Not to mention, I have the froggy, scratchy throat of ragweed season.  Plus, when I looked outside, this is what I saw.  By 8:30 this morning it's not any clearer.  *sigh*  I could really use some sunshine and puffy white clouds today.
A foggy house

5 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

Sending you sunshine and Little Fluffy Clouds.

http://youtu.be/FHixChYgGRI

It's sunrise, my dear...

That gentleman's lady said...

I ordered you some sunshine earlier this morning. Unfortunately the weatherman said that there's gonna be a slight delay on it since all the Brits have been besieging him with requests (darn rain, you see). He said that he'd put in a rush order and that you'd get your sunshine + fluffy clouds soon.

PS - Yellow tulips or yellow roses help too :)

Crystal Pistol said...

Hope you feel better. I have days like that far too often. It's hard to chase that nasty feeling away.

I feel so badly for women who don't know when to stop wearing too short skirts and too short dresses. At least we can be grateful we are not one of them. :)

T said...

That part about youngest cracked me up. I wish I would have known, I would have told her we spooned all night just to see her face.

I could go on and on (and on) about how fabulous the concert was, but I will just say thank you for putting up with me dancing and singing and grinning like a total goof through the whole thing. The best part was seeing it with you and I am so glad we could squeeze in talk time too.

Hoping the rest of your week picks up and goes better for you! <3 <3

Monica said...

Those life long friends are the absolute best! Though had that been my house my girls would have tried sleeping as a foursome and would let us out fo their site. They always want to be in on the "girls sleep over" stuff.

And EWWW Totally agree about the "how to dress after a certain age" statement.