Monday, March 3, 2008

new boy

Um hm. There's a new boy. Golly but she does move quickly.

Actually, he's been in the wings for some time. I do believe he was waiting for the opening to swoop in and ask her out. (This feels very novel-like. Who ACTUALLY has boys waiting?)

He's a little Eddie Haskell for me. Very shake-our-hands and "sir" and "ma'am'ing" us to death. Oy. A football player, a javelin thrower (are you scared yet?) BUT also he's a heck of a student. I remember him from 8th grade graduation where he had a list of awards twice as long as anyone else in the whole class. He recently travelled to Boston to the Junior Academy of Science conference to present his science project on "What allelopathic effects do black walnut and eucalyptus have on the weeks of dandelion, chickweed and sorrel?". Good lord?! What eighth grader researched that? (Yeah, I copied it out of a newspaper story about him.)

But truthfully, I really don't know him very well yet. There is a dance this weekend--so I imagine I'll be seeing plenty of him in the near future.

I'm still freaked out. And I still can't load pictures. Stupid, friggin, fraggin computer.

2 comments:

Seriously said...

Ack!!!!!

Irish Gumbo said...

A javelin thrower? Hmm. I missed out on something at that age.