Saturday, April 26, 2008

dear peoples attending the stupid truck race

  • Dear Lady sitting in front of me,


  • I know we were outside. However, there is no smoking at the races. Really. You are rude to light up about a whole pack worth of ciggies during the race. It was bad enough that Younger and I hate the races but then our asthmatic lungs had to suck in your stink all night. Thanks bunches.


  • I was also wondering about your blanket. The fuzzy one with the blue-grey pandas on it? I mean, sure, it was precious and all but shouldn't it have been red and black or black and orange--representative of some racing team? But I suppose the fuzzy pandas did go better with the flowery bed pillow you brought to sit on. Those aluminum benches are pretty hard. I can totally understanding hauling your "pretty" bedroom pillow to the race track to sit on.


  • One last thing . . . your reading material. I have never had the opportunity to read the Harlequin Romance called "Night of the Condor". I bet that it's REALLY good. Can I borrow it?


  • Very truly yours,


  • Laggin







  • Dear Fat Man Sitting Three Rows Down and Across the Aisle,


  • I really, really admire your appreciation and dedication to Dale Earnhardt. I mean he's been dead for what, six or seven years? And that was clearly a NEW black t-shirt. I mean it looked like it had never even been washed. Brand, spankin' new, I bet. You are a truly dedicated fan.


  • But here's the thing . . . I understand that when you are in public sometimes you've just got to move the . . . uh, member. I get it. It's just not in a comfortable position. But . . . um, I have a few suggestions. First, I suggest that you consider not doing this out in public. They DO have restrooms at the races! Did you know that? I mean, it is surprising at all. I just can't believe how some people think that the races are a sophisticated sport and that we spectators just pee in our beer cans or something. Anyhow, I know walking to the restroom means you might miss a good wreck. But still, think about it.
  • Second, I recommend that you do NOT untuck that beautiful new shirt and physically LIFT up your beer belly. I accidentally got an eyeful of your hairy belly. And . . . well . . . it's not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.
  • But from there, it was kinda like one of those car wrecks. I just couldn't help but stare as you jostled your belly out of the way and stuck your arm down your pants (by the way, they are a bit tight around the middle; you might consider moving up a size) and re-arranged your package. It just seemed like a personal moment. You didn't really need to share it with me.

  • Really, it made me erp in my mouth just a little bit.
  • Very truly yours,
  • Laggin









  • Dear Mystery Air Bubbler,


  • The races are really, really loud aren't they? I swear, you cannot hear yourself scream at the top of your lungs, can you?


  • But I'm just wondering a little something. While all that noise means that you certainly can cut the cheese with all the impunity in the world, does that make it a good idea? Because, man, whoever you were, you stank! Again and again and again.
  • Very truly yours,
  • Laggin




This, blogosphere, is why I hate the races. Today, you get a racing house (yes, the drivers LIVE in these things).



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to lay of pretty Flower Pillow Lady. Just 'cause you couldn't get your jollies at the races doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to. Did you think about introducing her and Package Man. She could've helped readjust and he could've...you know.

Leslie said...

Oooh, believe me she was there with her husband and their boy! And she and hubby were PDA central. I left that part out. So you see, I WAS going easy on her.

That's it. I'm bringing a flowery pillow to lunch on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bring a tushy donut.

Seriously said...

Oooo my. I knew there was a reason that when I am moved to watch a car race, that I do it on TV.

Did you actually get to watch the stinky cars go round and round? Or were the stands just too entertaining?

Hopefully Carman enjoyed himself.

Leslie said...

Mostly I read blogs on my phone!!! Yeah unlimited digital service on the phone! I tried to blog live from my phone but that didn't work so well.

I did watch the races for wrecks! And someother times too just so Carman thought I was enjoying myself. I try--for HIS sake--and then bitch here.

Me said...

Sometimes I think you missed your calling, you should write a book someday. I laughed out loud!

mathgeek said...

Okay, that was too funny. I had to share with bike-man who's sort of a car-man, I'm sorry. (don't worry, his brain is swiss cheese and he'll never remember later, but he got a good chuckle out of it).

Jon said...

I hate to rub it in but you're the one who went to the truck race.

Irish Gumbo said...

What BHJ said was really funny, too. (snort)