Monday, June 9, 2008

ewww my gawd

I couldn't sleep Friday night. So around midnight I wandered downstairs to find Eldest playing "Flyff" on the computer. (Flyff is some simulated-world game where she is a mage or an acrobat or a knight or some other fantasy character. She runs around and kills monsters and earns shit and levels up and . . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh. Sorry. I feel asleep during that explanation.)

It's summer. I didn't care that she was up playing computer games. She could sleep forever the next morning.

I settled down in the big comfy chair next to her for a chat. She seemed open to it. It was a nice chat. However, our chat isn't why I'm writing.

You see, she's introduced Boyfrondo to Flyff. He was thrilled to discover a site better than Runescape, where he had previously been busy running around, killing monsters, leveling-up, etc. So they were playing together--in their matching armor--a real fantasy-LURVE/action-team. They've even promised not to level more than two levels higher than the other so their armor can continue to match. (Vomiting yet? No. Ok. Hold on. You will soon.)

I was busily trying to avoid watching the vomitously-sweet, killer-beings on the computer. I was just bonding with my kid. She's pretty good at multi-tasking that way . . . kill monsters, type sweet love-talk to Boyfrondo into chat box, talk with Mom about important stuff . . . . I figure this is a skill that will come in handy in her life. Somewhere. Especially if she's a lawyer!

Around 1:00 a.m. I was finally getting tired and decided to go up to bed. I went over to hug her good-night and I saw this heart-wrenching little scene. Their characters were taking a little break and sitting side-by-side on the crest of a high. All together now, "Awwww!" Boyfrondo's character (whose screen name is nwfootball *sigh), stood up and faced Eldest's character, Mickeyenzia. He typed, "Stand up." Mickeyenzia stood. "Face me." She did. Then he went down on one knee. (My heart stopped momentarily. Then my stomach gave a large heave.) Then he typed, "That was my first attempt at proposing."

Ewww my gawd. They are 15 years old, people.

In case you are wondering, her character then ran in a little circle and nodded in return.

I just rolled my eyes at her and went to bed. I mean--what can one really say to that?

I didn't sleep well.

Today, you get a fantasy house.

3 comments:

Seriously said...

It's a lovely world they live in, isn't it?

I am just cringing, waiting for the first shake up in it. Do they have any clue that it won't be this beautiful forever? Of course not, they're 15.

Sigh... think I need to go lay down now.

(My goodness there a lot of these virtual worlds out there... I keep hearing about World of Warfare and Lord of the Rings Online. Luckily the first costs money and the second doesn't work on Macs, otherwise I would probably be stuck there.)

tonkelu said...

Oh. My. Hell. WTF???

Cathy said...

Well, at least she didn't need to get a wig to attract a mate, right? (Found you via problemgirl)