Monday, June 30, 2008

my magnet covered refrigerator

This is my baby girl . . . Younger:


. . . as drawn by Eldest!!

Can I just have a "WOW", please? Or, as Tonkelu would say, damn skippy of her, no?

This was Eldest's first real art class . . . Intro to Art, during her freshman year. We had NO IDEA this talent was there. None. Zip. Zilch. Her prior art was . . . unremarkable, bordering on bad. Seriously. I was always looking for the skill in my kids. It runs in my family (while crafty, all real skill jumped over me). So I was pretty astonished to see it show up in Eldest who never showed any prior inclination or interest.

Here's a few of the work in progress:

Yeah, I'm still a mom with refrigerator covered in her kid's art . . . it's just a virtual fridge.

Today it's a sketch house.


*She didn't draw the house.

4 comments:

Trooper Thorn said...

As Dorothy Gish might have said "Young Lady, you...have...got it." Let's hope she keeps it up. My two oldest painted and drew like Bohemians when they were young only to cast it all aside when they hit 11 because "they sucked" and art was "lame".

My daughter still draws and paints and I have my fingers crossed she will keep on. I'm hoping it's not a gender thing because I paint (even though I am lame).

Leslie said...

You made me smile, Trooper Thorn. Thanks for stoppin' by!

Seriously said...

Awesome Possum!

Irish Gumbo said...

But you do have skills. I know, I've seen the proof :)