Friday, June 27, 2008

a party game for snarky friday

A party game, via a post over at Unfogged.

Your instructions are as follows:
1. Take out your iPod (or whatever you own).
2. Press shuffle songs.
3. Answer the following: a) How many songs before you come to one that would absolutely disqualify you from being President? b) What is that song?
4. Leave your answers.

I'll do this in the comments later. I left my iPod in the car!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what the standard for disqualification would be based on music in one's iPod, but hell - I'm like Kramer in "The Bet"

I started with:

Sister Christian
in four songs following, I got to Frank Zappa and that was abruptly followed by Barry Manilow.

Shit, anyone who goes from Zappa to Manilow deserves to be banned from public office. Crap, now Somewhere Down the Road is followed up with Po-jama People - another Zappa tune.

this took me under 20 minutes.

*Note, there are over 5000 songs in my iPod, many of which are my wife's, the aforementioned Night Ranger and Barry Manilow to name a few.

Leslie said...

Falstaff, I DO think that insanity is a basis for disqualification.

Leslie said...

Oh, and maybe an unhealthy admiration of defacation humor, as well.

Leslie said...

*defecation*

Bonus points to anyone who can come up with a good definition of the word I just created: "defacation".

Anonymous said...

not one to be a stickler for proper spelling...Urban Dictionary contains this entry:

defacation poop shit poo feces dump crap toilet pooping turds defacate poopy turd poopie.

I am still reeling from the Zappa-to-Manilow-to-Zappa transition!

Seriously said...

Defacation - the undoing of the reality of something (very technical), as in de-fact-ing it.

pronounced dee-fa-cay-shun

"The defaction of santa claus and the easter bunny can be very traumatic to some children."

:D

Seriously said...

lol, and I spelled the newly created word wrong.

We really need to be able to edit our posts.

Seriously said...

BTW - in answer to the game

"Weapon of Choice" Fat Boy Slim

Leslie said...

Gah! It's "I've Got Cats" by Rick Cowling. (Yeah, Rowan, THAT Rick Cowling of Finnsters fame.) I know no one knows this song or this artist. If you check it out, you'll understand why I say it disqualifies me. http://rickcowling.com/ivegotcats/

P.S. I dated this guy off and on in high school and college. When I found him on iTunes, I bought his CD to support an old friend. Can't say I've loved it.

mathgeek said...

How can you defacate something as real as Santa and the EB?