When we woke up this morning, we discovered the cars had been left unlocked last night. How do we know this? Someone "broke" into them.
Mostly they just had fun tossing crap around the interior of the cars and our lawn.
Missing: Quarters, my iPod, my card key to the garage at work and a canvas bag from my trunk.
Still there: A leather computer bag, a witch costume, a clipboard (all in the trunk) and my Garmin GPS.
Yup. Stupid thieves. They left the Garmin but took the 4 gig iPod . . . THAT'S ENGRAVED WITH MY NAME. Dolts.
Now for the question burning into your minds. Why were the cars unlocked? Habits die hard and cost you a new iPod.
In explanation: My car is normally in the garage, so doesn't need locking. It was in the driveway as I let Car-man use my garage spot for "Smokey"--one of
his babies. Car-man, on the other hand, never locks his everyday car. You can take the boy off the farm; but you can't take the farm outta the boy.
his babies. Car-man, on the other hand, never locks his everyday car. You can take the boy off the farm; but you can't take the farm outta the boy.Has habit ever cost you anything?
Today, you get a picture of Smokey (and twin) in front of a Smokey-house.
13 comments:
Look on the bright side: at least Mr. Darcy survived!
It could've been worse. They could've trashed the cars, gone joyriding, etc. At least this way you're almost guaranteed that it was a group of teenagers with not much better to do and not a group of menacing thugs.
If you need some music for your new iPod, let me know.
Does anyone know where I can get a cheak Nano charger?
The good thing about iTunes is that if you lose your iPod, you don't lose your music. It's all saved on your computer. So I still have it all. I'd be really bummed if I lost that too (since I have like 1,200 songs on my iPod!)
cheap! not cheak (or cheek)
Does anyone know where Falstaff can get spell-check?
spelling smack - I expect better from you.
my car was broken into like 20 times in one year while in college. now, I kinda wish someone would. (I know I know -- that's sick: sort of like hoping for a broken leg when youre ten.) i'm just thinking the robber will take all the trash out and that would be worth the trouble.
My dad used to work in the Bottoms years ago. We had a little Blue Ford Escort that he wanted to get rid of, without having to hassle with selling it himself. He would leave the car unlocked, keys in the ignition and a $20 on the passenger seat. He never had any takers. No one even took the money.
Whew! just got back from Aldi! Spent all afternoon putting quarters in the cart machine for the customers there. I was listening to Jack's Mannequin and Paramore the whole time...
Ok Falstaff . . . how many Paramore songs are on the iPod and from which car did you get the most quarters?
Bee murderer.
four. car-man's car had more quarters.
they were africanized honey bees...that's my story anyway. i was merely protecting my family from a potential threat (plus, what i did was incredibly stupid! i am lucky that i wasn't stung 1000 times or more)
Falstaff. Wrong on all counts (except Car-man did have more quarters than me).
Well then, I'm not wrong on all counts, am I? What I meant to say is that I only listened to 4 Paramore songs. Yeah, that's what I meant.
Post a Comment