Since I used all actual intelligent thought I have for the day in commenting over at Problem Girl's site, you get a mish-mash of half-thoughts:- When Eldest, who is 15 and learning to drive, asked me why we were keeping my old car instead of trading it in, my response was, "Cuz you aren't hijackin' my new ride, girlfriend." She just rolled her eyes and said, "Don't ever utter the phrase 'new ride' again, Mom." It was probably good advice.
- I went bowling for work last night. Yeah, yeah. I'm a lawyer. Why bowling? My department was entertaining the summer interns and since I'm new here, I still feel the need to show up at this stuff.
- I did something to my thumb. I have a thumb-bowling injury. That, and I've rediscovered a few muscles I had forgotten existed. I'm feeling all 42 years today. But I didn't think bowling a 108 and a 112 was too awful . . . especially since I've bowled like 10 times in my whole life. And like college, more beer = better bowling.
- I am in the process of planning a girls' weekend in Chicago in September with two college friends. We are going to see Wicked! I'm very excited. One of these friends is my blogging next door neighbor--Rowan. But she's sooo secret you can't read her stuff. (*whispered* privacy freak! Jk , Rowan, jk.) And the other is my sometime commenter MathGeek. I love these ladies. We'll also see Rowan's cooleo brother, Anon, who lives a romantic life there in the Windy City. He doesn't love me enough to read and comment on my blog. *sniff*
The familamilamily leaves for vacation tomorrow. Apparently, I'm on vacation NOW, instead of clearing all this crap off my desk. Do you like my shiny, sparkly procrastination crown? I had it specially made.- I am excited to go on this trip. I am hoping I will like my children--well, AND my husband--but I usually like him. We're going places we've never been and are hoping that was a good gamble: Wisconsin Dells, Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, Dearborn and South Bend, Ind. Odd selection, I know. I'll explain some other time.
- Because I am not hip enough to have guest bloggers (although Rowan
probably would have, if I'd asked), you'll probably just be looking at this same old post for the next week. Maybe I should figure out how to post from my Blackberry! No?
Toodles. Don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm away! Of course, that leaves PLENTY for you to do. Just no eating jello salad or jumping out of airplanes. I do have my limits.
Today's houses (shhhh, they are really hotels, but I am pretending) are a few of the places I'll reside over the next week. And, yes, I am hoping for a hot cabana boy!
9 comments:
Oh my goodness. Two literary stars to contend with: a sister and a sister's "sister". How much competition can one little bro take? Sigh. Maybe when I grow up I can be literary as well. Though I'll never mock with a Mickey Mouse tee. I'll leave that to the professionals.
For those not in the know, siskbert is "Anon" (he had split personality issues). I've been privileged with a visit. And apparently, so has Problem Girl.
And Sisk/Anon, dear, you are literary too. Don't you write famous copy in ads we all see or something like that?
I am also extremely excited about our Chicago trip. I probably would have accepted the guest blogging assignment and then got a case of performance anxiety, and not been able to think of anything to blog about.
I love bowling which I haven't done in about... well, a very long time. And I think those scores are great.
I have been trying to get Siskbert to start a blog. If nothing else, his movie reviews are excellent. Well, accept for Dark Knight (Night? Too lazy to check.), which was about two sentences long. But other than that, they are usually great.
:D
I am SAD to admit that you can in fact post from a Blackberry and I have done it. But I can't figure out how to spell check on it so my posts go out looking as though they were written by a gorilla.
Have a great trip. In Indiana... Say wha...
The great part of the trip will be Mackinac Island. Indiana is just a stop on the drive home, coincidentally so we can see Notre Dame.
You should switch to Wii bowling.
I assume you guys already have tickets lined up for Wicked-- I've heard they're really hard to get.
Enjoy Chicago!
On a side note. i love the new side bar... I can just check your blog to see if anyone else has updated theirs. Saves me a lots of time. :D
I wonder... does any place have cabana girls? It today's day and age of gender equality, it seems rather sexist not to provide cabana girls for those who prefer the female touch when applying sunscreen in those hard to reach places.
I loved this. i loved the broken thumb (a sports injury) the most. and i hope you have a great time.
Post a Comment