Tuesday, July 22, 2008

kid in a candy store

Lurving my new car. My favorite things so far:
  • Docking for my iPod!
  • Bluetooth for my phone--no more Borg-like, stupid-looking earpiece for me! The radio turns off and I can answer my phone from my steering wheel.
  • Back-up camera.
  • And come the frigid mid-West winter . . . my seat warmers. (Don't really need them now.)

Yup. I'm a gadget geek. And since I last bought a car almost 9 years ago, the gadgets are niftier.

Amongst all the coolness there is one irritation. I must figure out how to disable the BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP when in reverse. Thank goodness I'm married to Car-man. I'll put him right on that one.

Now I'm off to attempt some afternoon productivity. Here's a Toyota house:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

see my comment to post below...the journey to "Smug" begins!

(hee-hee - If you don't know me, or aren't a South Park fan, please don't read this the wrong way - it's just me being silly kind of life imitating art, falstaff-style)

Anonymous said...

Damn, that's some car. Are you married to George Jetson?

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!! Can't wait for a ride.

Seriously said...

Hmmm - maybe I do want to drive/ride to Chicago. Just kidding Sisk!!

The iPod dock would be enough for me. Although everything else is a serious plus. Is it 100% electric or a hybrid?

I am excited for you :D

Leslie said...

It's hybrid. You don't have to plug it in or anything. It generates electric power itself when you are breaking, coasting, etc.

And yes, Rowan, it's that silver color but the picture wasn't of my actual car.

In the 60 miles or so that I've driven so far (almost all highway), I'm getting about 42 mpg. But, oddly, its different than standard vehicles as it does better with city driving that highway driving.

MereCat said...

So jealous of your new ride. I need a new car bad. It's a small Saab that looks ridiculous stuffed with car seats strollers and groceries. Love the car, I just outgrew it exponentially.

Trooper Thorn said...

Congrats on the new car. Now the New Rules kick in:
- Nobody eats in Mom's car
- Nobody drinks in Mom's car
- Shoes must be wiped before getting into Mom's car.
- No dogs/cats/crows/badgers/starfish or animal life of any kind in Mom's car.
- No tissues are to be jammed in the ashtray, cupholder or any seat crevice in Mom's car.
- Sundays will be devoted to washing and waxing Mom's car.

Enjoy the enforcement.