Monday, July 21, 2008

july snowstorm

This is what work is like right now:

Yup. I'm completely snowed under.

We're headed for vacation on Thursday of this week for what I was hoping would be a blissful week. But NOOOO. Of course I got slammed with a pile of motion work due the day after I get home. I'll request an extension tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. I can't be assured of the kindliness of this particular opposing counsel.

Thus, I really shouldn't be blogging right now. I must go work until several more hours tonight. *huffy breathed sigh*

But I did have to share the excitement of my day:

MY CAR IS IN!!!! I pick it up tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155195 [cut and paste into your browser]


in all seriousness, congratulations on the new car. i like the color.

LiteralDan said...

You're obviously exaggerating, because here you are blogging consistently. I'm not impressed-- keep trying. ;-)

Seriously said...

It's beautiful. Is the actual car? Silver? or a different color?

Where is your vacation to happen (Can't remember)? Suppose I should read the next blog to see if you say. And do you have access to a computer where ever you may be. ;)

Leslie said...

Actually Dan, I am snowed under. I worked until 11 p.m. on Monday. But I take the time to get on here a few times a day, as a break. I think it actually keeps me more productive. Oddly. Although when I am trying to avoid work, it's perfect for that too!

You'll note a lack of "thoughtful" posts when I am busy. Busy = drivel; slow/avoidance-mode = thoughtful!

Jasper Mockingbard said...

I love silvers cars! In fact we have 3 silver cars. And, my MIL is visiting, so there are 4 silver cars in the driveway... I kinda wish I had at least one of them up on blocks, rusting out! Then we'd be keeping up the neighbors.