Sometimes I think that when God created Eldest he recreated me, inside out.
At this stage in life, I have this hard, polished exterior. The sheen from years of letting things roll off my back. You can't survive in my profession without a tough exterior. After all, I fight for a living. My personal, professional motto: Embrace your bitch. Not because I want to be a bitch but because if you are a strong woman, that's what people call you. So fine. I'll embrace it. Just doing my job.
But in the center of me? It's all rough and emotional and insecure and occasionally a mess.
Eldest is the opposite. She's got this tough little core in the very middle of her. All of the wild, hurting, soft, gooey mess is right out there on the outside.
6 comments:
That's so sweet. I like the hard core with the mushy insides. It's how I would've put the order in if they would've let me.
They say the kids are there to challenge us to our core. How boring if they were just like us.
You both sound lovely!
I love hard and crunchy on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. :D
On the otherhand, when the chips are down, that girl is going to be able to take care of and stand up for herself.
Hmmmm... I could use a little more of eldest in me.
I am so glad I came to see you tonight. I was just thinking that Bitchy and I are opposites. She is all bitchy on the outside, but I KNOW she's gooey on the inside. She HAS to be. But wait, does that mean I'm really bitchy on the inside? Now I've gone and confused myself again.
(loved your post)
I get that. I'm hard on the outside with a gooey center. But I think it is a rare breed, and a much more productive one to be soft on the outside and tough on the inside.
That post made me think. Thanks!
how am I missing this stuff?
hard core? yes, that is major hard core.
Post a Comment