Tuesday, September 23, 2008

business, which can also be spelled busyness

LOTS going on these days. I mean just LOOK at that desk!?! (Want a candy pumpkin? Help yourself. I love those stupid things.)

This morning was the Fall Breakfast for our school district's charitable foundation. I'm on the Board of Directors of the foundation so attendance was a necessary. The Executive Director of this group just resigned, so during her last month, they've basically got us planning the next twelve months! Ye gads. They've tasked me with being the chair of two committees--the 20th Anniversary celebration in 2009 and board development (which means I'm supposed to make sure the board members stay edumacated). This means...lots to do. I'm also supposed to be dialing for dollars for the foundation. Can I just express to you how much I hate doing that? Ugh.

Work is exploding all over the place. Which is good...clients liking me is an excellent thing. It just interferes with my blogging. Priorities, people, priorities!

I've got one poor associate and paralegal slaving away on 41 motions for one case. I expect they'll hate me soon. I'd hate me if I was them.

But I've got plenty on my desk too. In fact, too much to write anything witty here or spend too much time reading around. Maybe I'll find some time some evening this week. So...sorry if I'm being neglectful.

It's a fire house...cuz my desk just might burst into flames.

10 comments:

Carolyn...Online said...

Yep, hate the BUSY times. I'm in one too and I don't like neglecting my blog and interwebby friends. Ugh. Good luck with your many many jobs. Dialing for Dollars? Can't do it.

DKC said...

I had a Dialing for College Dollars job when in college. I used to just pretend to call people, that's how much I hated that job.

Good luck, and keep a fire extinguisher handy!

cIII said...

Must be something in the Air. Or a Phase of the Moon, or some such. I, myself, just climbed out of an Enormous pile of Doodie at Shitty Job Local 666. This job would be Awesome, if it were'nt for the Clients.
Thanks for the Candy.

Seriously said...

*sigh*... I guess I will have to just deal.

(Do I have to teach you how to say no? Or better yet, not volunteer for things? I have that one down. No one even asks anymore. LOL, I am sooo not a team player.)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a really good secretary!
RW

Mama McShortie said...

When I hear how swamped you are, I have to admit that there is a little (and I emphasize little) part of me that wants to offer to be a contract attorney for you.

Leslie said...

Mama, I looooooove you! Did that make the part bigger?

Vodka Mom said...

work? WORK? Yeah, I know. Now that I'm back in Munchkinland I'm pretty much sneaking in my blogging whenever I can!!!! It's tough. tough.


love the fire house. haha

tonkelu said...

The dialing for dollars thing sucks. Makes me feel like a fucking telemarketer. Bleh. I'm thinking seriously of doing it during the day and keeping my fingers crossed that I get nothing but answering machines. Score!

Also, the 20th Anniversary hoopla has pretty much been taken care of so don't worry about it. Combining it with the superintendent's reception means you're pretty much off the hook. :) I'll e-mail you about it here in a minute.

As for your desk...two words: blow torch. That would efficiently take care of all that paper.

Leslie said...

Tonks...they want a whole year of 20th Anniversay stuff. :) Special stationary...special fundraiser...crap.