Driving to the mani/pedi appointment this morning, Eldest said, "I think Level 5 CheerBoy is gay. I think he knows it too. He just doesn't want to tell anyone."
I busted up.
I said, "My Gaydar went off when I met him. But I kept my mouth closed."
She just smiled and began talking about some boy I've never heard of before. We shall call him "Freshie". Now THAT's more my style.
8 comments:
A gay LARPer. Fascinating.
Can we call him Gay Level5 Cheerboy now?
Do not be lulled Laggin!
Even the 'shmen are a risk...once those hormones start flowing, you can't trust a teenage boy, no matter the age.
Hell, you can't really trust any man, until he is in his late 30's and starts to discover he has a favorite chair...
Sounds like she's moving on from the user and abuser... and if she needs to bring home boys that are secretly gay, and she knows it, then you at least know she's creating healthy boundaries for herself. Hanging out with the boys who will be her friend and not use her up. Oh to be 17 ;(
Hooray for gay boyfriends! I still need a good gay boyfriend.
Eldest needs to be careful (as she should when she begins dating any new guy) but, honestly, I'm not sure how worried I would be. When I was in high school I was friends with everyone from freshman to seniors and it never seemed bothersome. I didn't date a guy my own age until senior year.
You're going to mock my nervous breakdowns about SG's dating habits in 10 years, aren't you?
A gay cheerleader, huh? Who'da thunk it?
Oh. Right. Everyone.
It's so hard to let our kids uncover this stuff and come to these realizations themselves, isn't it? What a good mom for resisting the urge until she was ready!
Z-n-T: She's 15! Not 17.
Miko: I know. But my theory is that younger guys are a little less sure of how to get from A to Z. It takes them a little longer. The older ones have a little more practice...they've got the suave and debonair thing down.
Tonk--Of COURSE I will mock you. I will laugh my ass off and then buy you a beer.
gaydar. I love it. And, I love that you went to mani-pedi together!!
Post a Comment