Younger
Tomorrow my baby girl turns 14. She'll be in high school next year. *sighs*I'm pretty sure that since I just lost the baby weight about six months ago that she should not yet be 14. Right?

(Taken by our nanny, the summer after kindergarten.)
This girl is our easy child. She senses sadness. She creates happiness. She has the ability to look me in the eye and say, "Mom, you are being just plain crazy." She is silly and serious and smart and sassy. She is and always will be my "Punkin". She's my baby girl.
(With the lead singer of "Boys Like Girls" at their concert this summer.
Does he frighten you? She is so proud of this picture.)
She recently made this for me and posted it on her Facebook page. Thought I'd share.
(She didn't write the text, but the picture is us on our California vacation in 2002. Younger is on the left, Eldest on the right.)
Happy birthday, baby girl.
11 comments:
14?! Little girls grow up to be 14?!
How does one file a request to keep this from happening? I'll pay anything!
She is beautiful. So sorry, perhaps she'll grow facial hair for HS. (you can always hope...)
Also, let me know if you'd like me to "take care" of the lead singer, I need practice for the Monkey's teen years.
that was incredible. Don't get too comfy, she'll be calling you a bitch in NO time. :-)
LOVED the post. made me tear up...
This makes me hope my daughter will feel this way about me!! Even though she didn't write the words, that she wanted to dedicate them to you is beautiful.
I picture my girls' teen years more like vodkamom is describing!
The next thing you are going to tell me is just last week she was in her high chair playing with her rattle.
Miko--They DO. This is my baby!
Vodka--That has crossed her lips. But most of the time *fingers crossed*, this one is SOOOO much easier than Eldest.
DCD--It's a mixed bag.
Russ--It really seems SOOO true. Maybe more like she was just in kindergarten last week. My advice? Don't blink.
High school is not so bad. My 2 are now in high school and I'm actually enjoying it. They get along for the first time ever and they share stories with each other. They also give each other advice. They light up my day when I hear the 2 of them talking and laughing together. I thought my younger girl would be the death of me but so far (knocking on wood) she's made some good choices AND she's shared those choices with me.
She's a beautiful girl! Happy BIrthday to her!
Happy Birth-day mommy!
And she will treasure that picture with the rock god forever.
She's a beauty, and it's so fantastic how she's still so connected with you! Happy birthday to your daughter!
So you mean I may not lose this baby weight for another 10 years?
Oh well, I may as well enjoy this time while it lasts, because I bet I will be even more sappy when one of my kids hits high school. Good lord.
Love the picture of her playing the cello.....really grown up and studious. Happy Birthday!
My youngest is turning 14 next month!
Post a Comment