For those of you who indicated an interest in my Ninja blog, here's our On-Line Contract. The chickadees signed it around age 10 or 11...the time they were wanting e-mail accounts, AIM, to be on Virtual Magic Kingdom and other similar sites. (Oh for those simple, carefree days!)
LAGGIN'S ON-LINE CONTRACT
1. I will ALWAYS tell my parents or another adult immediately if something is confusing or seems scary or threatening.
2. I will NEVER give out my full name, real address, telephone number, school name or location, schedule, password, or other identifying information about me or my family when I'm online. I will check with an adult for any exceptions.
3. I am aware that banner ads, surveys and contests are actually Web ads that may ask me to reveal personal information such as my name, address, phone number, age, gender, and e-mail address. I will NOT give out this personal information.
4. I will NEVER have a face-to-face meeting with someone I've met online.
5. I will NEVER respond online to any messages that use bad words or words that are scary, threatening, or just feel weird. If I get that kind of message, I'll print it out and tell an adult immediately. The adult can then contact the online service or appropriate agency. If I'm uncomfortable in a live chat room, I will use the "ignore" button.
6. I will NEVER go into a new online area that is going to cost additional money without first asking permission from my parent or teacher.
7. I will NEVER send my picture over the Internet or via regular mail to anyone without my parent's permission.
8. I will NOT give out a credit card number online without my parent present.
9. I will NOT download software or music without my parents’ permission.
10. I will NOT take information off the Internet and pretend that I created it. This is wrong and illegal.
11. I will NOT pretend to be somebody else when I am on-line.
12. My passwords are secret, and I will NOT give them out to others, except to my parents if they should ask.
13. I understand that there are risks online; people may try to hurt me on-line. I understand that my parents need to be involved and that they are not trying to “spy” on me but are monitoring me because they love me. I understand that my parents may track which websites I look at, that they may read my e-mail and that they may record and read my instant messages.
Eldest _______________________ Date____________
Younger______________________ Date____________
Laggin_______________________ Date____________
Car-man_____________________ Date____________
7 comments:
You're good. I am definitely printing this out for the Punk Ass. I can already predict that he is going to be tough about this stuff.
Thanks for putting it up!
Now the real question is, have they upheld all the rules since age 10 and 11?
Good boundaries.... the most important that you care enough to make them.
Nah. They each violated the rules once. As I explained in the other blog, that meant I made them sit next to me, loaded the spy software and read every. damn. thing. they'd. done.
Buwahaha. And now? They follow the rules.
This a fantastically comprehensive document-- I like it!
Thank you for putting this up. In light of line 10, what is the proper procedure for ripping this off the internet and having my children sign it (in a few years)?
Good thinking with slipping in the plagiarism clause. She could be busted for #12 if she ever needs reigning in.
I shudder to think how many other things will have to be added when mine are old enough to need it. (I know, it is coming very soon.)
Plagerize this contract freely. I offer it up for you all.
And, yes, Rowan. She could be busted for the giving away of the password to the boyfriend.
Now that she's in high school we've moved away from this a bit. And, now that I think about it, I should really revamp it for the older crowd. I think I'll do that.
Post a Comment