Opening Credits: Me and the Farmer by the Housemartins but Crummy Stuff's cover will work. (Can I just say I NEED to locate the Housemartins again. Damn iTunes doesn't have them. My old dubbed tape is just not doing it for me anymore.)
Waking up: Clocks by ColdplayFirst Day of School: Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue
Fight Song: Dirty Man by Joss Stone
Breaking up: I'd pretty much go with the whole playlist I made Eldest, but if I have to pick one, I'll go with Goodbye to You by Michelle Branch
Prom: Modern English's I Melt With You!!! What? I'll take no guff from you. My last prom was in 1984! It was cool and NOT an ad song back then. And I would have totally given it up for Nicolas Cage's Tommy in Valley Girl.
Mental Breakdown: Fuck Was I by Jenny Owen Youngs (Big thank to Picket for introducing me to that one.) However, if the breakdown is induced by the chickadees, then it would have to be Teenagers by My Chemical Romance.
Driving: Um...my whole Liz Phair playlist...but definitely Extraordinary
Flashback: Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison or Hang on Sloopy by The McCoys
Getting Back Together: My favorite song ever...Alison by Elvis Costello

Wedding: Because I am a complete sap and because it was actually my first wedding dance with Car-man, Nat King Cole's When I Fall In Love
Birth of a Child: Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World or New Soul by Yael Naim
Final Battle: The artist counts the most on this one, the Dead Kennedy's I Fought the Law
Death Scene: Breath In, Breath Out by Mat Kearney (Yeah, I know. Grey's Anatomy already did it.) But, if the death scene is a plane crash, well, then I need At The Bottom Of Everything by Bright Eyes because that would be just too trippy.
Funeral Song: Eva Cassidy's Fields of Gold
Ending Credits: XTC's Dear God
That's rock-n-roll's house...the hall of fame!
7 comments:
I'm soooooo doing this.
It's like you're in my Head. I always walk around thinking 'I wish _____ was playing Right now.'
Props and Respect from the Hood.
Oh wow, this is hard. I guess we know what I am doing this afternoon. (Kidding! Maybe. Sort of.)
You had me at I Melt With You!
Also with Alison, New Soul, Fields of Gold, (I heart Eve Cassidy!) And Dear God? OMG, I love that song!!
Is it wrong to just use your soundtrack?
Although now that I think of it, I would have to throw some Cure in there somewhere.
I love a good life playlist. It's always playing in my mind. I'm pretty sure my girls can hear it because they're always just randomly dancing.
I love it when you do this stuff.
And I am glad to know that I am not the only one with a soundtrack haunting me everyday. Even if sometimes it's the beegees/saturday night fever...
Now, off to itunes...
And PS: dude, do you really think I met Bono? because if so, I think i love you.
and that being said... as for Elvis Costello, I did speak to him once on the phone. I think I said, "yes, ok." But that counts for something because it's lucky I didn't throw up all over the place in my excitement.
Oh my goodness this was a hard assignment. But I wish all my homework could have been this much fun!
Posted on my page with a player to hear. Although I dont think I picked anything too obscure.
Soundtrack
Post a Comment