Tuesday, October 14, 2008

who's a silly fan-girl?

Me. That's who.

Tonight I'm taking the chickadees to the "So You Think You Can Dance" Tour. The three of us adore SYTYCD. I am very, very, very excited.

I'm going to take them out to dinner and then we'll be at the show until something like 11. They should be in top form for school on Thursday, no?

But before I go see that show...my day includes picking up my new plates ("HU5KER5") at the DMV, getting Eldest to school for her PSAT (she took the Plan test--ACT's version of the PSAT--last week), getting her to drum line practice, getting her to the pediatrician for booster shots (which is like sticking a needle in a wildcat, I tell you), and figuring out how to bill a full-day of lawyering. And I am definitely playing hooky from the partnership meeting at 5 p.m. No. Just NO. I do not have the patience or time to deal with that particular form of torture today.

So just what am I doing blogging right now? Yeah, yeah. I'll get going in a minute.

One quick follow-up on yesterday's blog about Level 5 Cheerboy.

Interestingly, most of Eldest's friends are against her dating an 18-year-old. (Sometimes teenagers shock the heck out of me.)

The person with perhaps the strongest sway in this area is one of her bestest friends...

who happens to be...

an 18-year-old guy.

He's one of two openly gay students in their Catholic high school. (He gets super brave marks from me, so I will call him BraveBoy.)

He said, "I don't like the idea of my *diminutive of her name* with an 18-year-old." (This diminutive is one that only her closest family members and BraveBoy get away with using. It is her little girl name and she doesn't like it anymore.)

Hmm. BraveBoy makes it sound like her Dad knows a thing or two, doesn't he? I think that shocked her.

She asked me why I thought BraveBoy didn't want her with Level 5 CheerBoy.

I said I thought BraveBoy probably knew exactly what other 18-year-old guys were thinking about and hoping to get from their relationships.

She said, "That's pretty hypocritical of him when he was recently hoping to date a guy that's 15."

I said, "Yes. But then again, he probably knows what he was hoping to do with that 15-year-old."

She was quiet for a bit, then said, "True dat."

We shall see. At least she's thinking about it the right way.

It's a boring house.

5 comments:

Seriously said...

'tis good to have over-protective friends. ;)

MereCat said...

oooh have fun at the SYTYCD tour. That ought to be great fun. And how interesting that advice from 18yo boy! I'm hoping my son will be that little bird of insight for my daughter.

for a different kind of girl said...

I've never seen SYTYCD, though I've heard of it. I hope you all have a good time.

I second the whole yeah for over-protective friends thing, too!

MsPicketToYou said...

CAN I COME?

I don't dance, never danced, whipped my kid out of dance classes (couldn't stand the make up and the rip-off of it) but still, I freakin' love that show. LOVE IT.

and the dudes? good lord, laggin. musk-les and all.

DKC said...

I admit to not watching the show - but I have always loved ballroom dancing. You've seen Strictly Ballroom, right? Great.Movie.

Very interesting theory from Braveboy. Seems like eldest is one to take all angles into account.

Have a great time!