Subject: Nebr VS TX Tech
Saturday's game will be on FSN at 2 o'clock.
The IA State game is set for 11:30 on Versus (whatever that is.)
The IA State game is set for 11:30 on Versus (whatever that is.)
Why?
Are we not capable of looking at our own damn TV schedules? No. We are not spending the weekend with her. We will not be watching these games with her or even each other. She just felt the compulsive need to fill us in.
This stuff makes me nuts.
Sorry. I needed to vent.
Back to your regularly scheduled stuff...
*edited*
I forwarded the message to Car-man and, reminding me of why I love that guy, he responded, "Start sending her emails saying stuff like 'I see there is a 30% chance of rain. If you go out today don’t forget your umbrella.'"
11 comments:
My mom calls to let us know when the state colleges are playing on TV. She does it for our son, because somehow, two non-athletic people created and are raising a super athlete, and someone needs to keep him up to date!
My grandmother used to circle shows in the TV Guide and then mail the torn pages to me. Why?
I think she just wants to "reach out and touch someone" and can't think of another reason. Plus she reminding you that she is still there, so don't forget about her.
So I think the umbrella idea is a good one.
Rowan, I was at her friggin house Saturday night. I touched her. I hugged her many times. I listened to her wail about my brother.
ARRRRGH!!!!!
Yeppers - your mom just seems to need... more.
Okay, I have no idea why... I spend my life trying to come up with plausible answers to life's big questions.
I have a Friend whose Mother, for Christmas, got him one of those Hot-Air Popcorn Poppers. And a Case of Microwave Popcorn.
Awesome.
My father would ask if the game is in HD, even if the listing indicates it is broadcast on ___HD Network...
Old people suck, deal with it...[thoughts edited to be nice]
ask her what channel Versus is on your cable system - that'll throw her off!
My mother-in-law does things like that. Why? No clue. It irritates me but in the grand scheme of things she does that irk me it's low on the scale so I say nothing.
My parents also remind me how to dress the Tonklings- as though I'm completely stupid. I usually reply with something like, "Thanks Mom. I totally didn't realize there was snow on the ground. I'd planned on dressing them in shorts and a t-shirt today. Thank goodness I talked to you or or they'd get pneumonia!" She gets huffy but so do I (seriously???) so I figure it's fair.
I love to vent. Love it. :-)
Make sure to send a separate followup e-mail: "Don't forget to wear clean underwear if you leave the house."
you must go immedately to postcardsfromyomomma.com
Post a Comment