Awhile back Ms. Picket suggested we write to or about our lurkers. That's stuck with me (and some of you out there may hear more about it later).
I have one dear friend who lurks here. I have been trying to get her to blog forever...but she won't. So, I figure if she won't use her own blog fodder, I'll use it. That's fair no?
We shall call my friend Cecilia (ah, that's SUCH a perfect pseudonym for her and not only because she sings that song after drinks in a Karaoke bar). Ha. And now she's having a heart-attack because she knows this is actually about her!!!
Let me tell you a bit about Cecilia...I love this chica. But she has abilities. For real. One of these abilities is to sweet talk anybody into anything. In the end? They feel as though she has done them a favor. It's a true skill. Sell ice cubes to Eskimos? Yup. That's her. It's what makes her a damn good attorney.
For example...this one time, at band camp? No, wait. Wrong story.
This one time, we were out for a girls' night at a sushi place. There was a long wait...the bar was packed to standing room only. So while we are waiting for a table, we were smashed in against people sitting at the sushi bar--we couldn't even get close to the drink-type bar. Horrors, right?
Anyhow, we're right next to a couple of traveling businessmen types. They are checking us out ... and I'm getting uncomfortable. Doing the, "Hellooooo. I'm married! See this ring? Quite scoping because your not getting anything" mental telepathy trick which was not working. So I was mentally cruising into bitchy-land.
But Cecilia? She's got a different plan. Get your mind outta the gutter. She's not that kinda gal. At all. She's not interested in these guys...she's targeting their seats at the sushi bar. And I'm still not quite sure how she managed it but in about five minutes we have their seats, they're cooling their heels waiting for our table, she's ordering our sushi and drinks and totally ignoring them. I just sat there, jaw on the floor and giggled. I couldn't believe she pulled that off. Those men and their wedding rings? They totally deserved it.
So here's the latest in Cecilia's life...this past weekend she went to L.A. for a girls weekend with an old friend. The friend lives in L.A. although both Cecilia and friend were raised as small town Kansas girls. They decide to do a little star searching.
So they head out to a sushi restaurant in West Hollywood. (What is it with her and sushi places? Hmmm.) They had just ordered their first drink when Lionel Ritchie and his assistant sat down next to them. So what does Cecilia do? She leans over and asks them if they want to have a cocktail with them. Yup. Just like that. Just asked.
And guess what? Lionel and assistant agreed. In the end, they had a three-and-a-half-hour dinner together and Lionel picked up the tab!?!
Such a different life from mine. Cecilia's I mean.
That house is Lionel Ritchie's former home (the one Beckham didn't buy).
P.S. Cecilia read this and said, "SURE, post the pictures!" Then she e-mailed them to me.

12 comments:
OMG - 20 years in LA and I got nothing!
Wait, the guy who played Data in the Star Trek: TNG series in full makeup on the Paramount lot. Didn't even glance my way. Does that count?
Could you just create a blog for her and copy paste her Facebook entries?
Does she need an Assistant? I'll work for Sushi.
Cecilia???
Lionel Ritchie's still got game!
At least you felt like the guys at the at the bar were checking you both out. "Cecilia" and I were both at a Chinese place once and the waiter totally ignored me, probably thinking I was her mom, and even wrote his phone number on the take out box AFTER she said she was married.
Way to go Cecilia, I've only met Sonny Bono.
Cecilia's got smooth moves all night long!
Cecelia reminds me of my step-mom. She can be in a room full of strangers and in ten minutes will have found people who went to high school with one of her best friends. Or some such thing. She is that kind of social person that gets other people talking.
It's impressive!
Oh Cecilia, it's breaking my heart that you and I are not hanging out at the Sushi bar with Lionel.
How can I learn Cecilia's skills?
Cool story Cecelia! You should blog your adventures. We are suckers for good stories, and it sounds like you've got 'em!
That was SUCH a fun post!! Loved it. Some girls have all the luck. :-)
Post a Comment