Funny story.
Yesterday...yes, my lucky day...I took a decidedly ungraceful fall on the sidewalk of downtown Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Damn fashion. It'll do it to you every time.
There was I was in my spiffy new suit...brown cuffed, wide leg slacks and belted jacket...favorite pink pashmina around the neck to ward off the slight chill...high heeled, brown, pointy-toed boots. Co-counsel, my local counsel and the client had just finished lunch after the hearing. Three of us were getting ready to set off for the Memphis airport.
As we looked in the window of a fun little downtown shop, I caught the pointed toe of my right boot in the cuff of my left pant leg...right where the cuff is attached to the pant leg. And...boom...down I went. The right hip and right knee aren't feeling too hot today. I avoided hamburger-hand because I was holding my Blackberry. Instead, I shredded part of its plastic-case...but the phone itself is just fine. Yay for the case!
As I've told my girls, fashion hurts. I hate it when I'm right.
Because it is my goal to protect all of you from the evils of fashion, a
warning to the wise...pointy toe shoes and cuffed slacks are a BAD IDEA.
warning to the wise...pointy toe shoes and cuffed slacks are a BAD IDEA. Yet there is a silver lining to this cloud...I need new, rounded-toe, brown boots, right?
Yes. It is a shoe house.
11 comments:
I do stuff like that, but it is because I am clumsy. Fashion has not been my downfall.
I have done the EXACT SAME THING! Damn those cuffs!
Sorry to hear of your spill. Nothing makes you humble like a good fall in public! Clearly, you need round toed brown boots. And maybe a new non-cuffed suit??
i banged my head on my own car door yesterday. in front of about ten people. and i was wearing totally flat comfortable shoes so the fault was wholly my own.
ummm...you know the real reason it happened, right? It's because you DARED to write that it was a lucky day. You have to keep that stuff secret, silly!
The good news is that the fates smile on those wearing roundish toed brown boots. I read that somewhere. So you'd better go buy some.
Actually, I fell BEFORE I said it was lucky. I fell and I still felt lucky.
I love that your ego wasn't bruised enough for the fall to make your lucky feeling go away. One can only laugh at these things... all the way to the boot store, of course.
But are the wide leg slacks okay? i have a fondness for cuffed, wide leg slacks.
Oh pashmina. If I was a girl I'd wear it all the time.
Vans.
You should totally wear Vans.
Oh man, I've been there. Hopefully, the boots aren't scuffed and the pants aren't ripped. :)
The boots were scuffed... but I polished them up already. Surprisingly, the pants were just fine.
Post a Comment