Wednesday, November 26, 2008

gobble gobble

It's a TURKEY HOUSE!!! Happy Thanksgiving all!!

We're heading off to my parents' place this evening. We will return on Saturday morning.
I just had to share this little lovely from my mother. (The "move" she is referring to is the fact that my ex-SIL and my niece and nephew have moved to Minnesota. J___ is my brother.):
I just wanted to remind you that I have not said anything to anyone here about the move to MN that has already taken place. I decided I would prefer to wait until J___ perhaps has a job since that is sounding more and more likely. It will just be easier to deliver all the news at once. I don't know that you will see our friends, but just in case... Thanx.

Proving why I love Car-man, I forward this to him with the message, "OMG. This is so stupid." He responded:

Wow! Never let the truth get in the way of the image you want to portray I guess. If I get the chance, I'll guess I have to bring it up. After all, I didn't get the secret memo on how to manage her image and reputation.

Now won't I have fun?

At least my dad is liberal with the alcohol.

8 comments:

MsPicketToYou said...

many years ago, my mother ran into a a gossipy old bag at the grocery store a few days before Thanksgiving. this woman was infamous for sending beautiful family Xmas cards with long typed out notes declaring everyone's successes. meanwhile, it was common knowledge that one daughter was in rehab and the other, severely anorexic.

so she bumps into my mother and me and she's all, so how ARE you? and ANYTHING new? and after about five more minutes of this fishing bullshit, my mother (who has many faults of own her mind you) said, no, shouted, OH! Are you talking about the fact that my husband of 32 years just DUMPED ME? right there in the produce section for pretty much the entire town to hear.

it was such a beautiful unexpected thing. so, you know, you never know.

happy thanksgiving laggin!

Vodka Mom said...

let it flow, baby. let it flow.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

DKC said...

First of all - I just posted with the same title. Great minds and all...

I'm with VM. Just keep up the drip and smile, smile, smile!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dread Pirate Davi said...

I hope to God Car-man follows through.

Dibs said...

So well said Car-Man! What is it with these 50's women (era, not age)?

My sister just embarked on marriage #3 to the great embarrassment of my mother. She just figured out how to explain marriage #2 in her Christmas letter.

She eloped with #3, also to the great annoyance of my parents. We are having yet another "celebration of their marriage" tomorrow (this is at least the third one, at my count). I think, in my mother's mind, if there are no jordan almonds, there is no legal marriage.

miko564 said...

My Mother has always loved the idea of family and especially holidays, much more than she has ever really liked having a family or holidays with them. Her sons are not successful enough, don't dress well enough, it damages the fantasy in her head...
She talks of loving having us for the holidays, and becomes very disturbed when people actually have fun and laugh...it's not "Norman Rockwell" enough for her. The whole family has always played along...until the Swede. She doesn't play and it scares the shit out of my Mother...it's wonderful. God bless Car-man and the Swede!!

Bijoux said...

We've got similar crap going on in our family - like the fact that my in-laws have never mentioned their favorite daughter's divorce (and it happened over 5 years ago).

Seriously said...

oh please, please, please let car-man have made a comment with that oh-so-innocent look on his face... and then report back to us.