Monday, November 24, 2008

i'm buying a lottery ticket...

...cuz I'm just lucky today.

The hearing was not a travesty of a mockery of a sham. The judge put off that particular joy until late January. So we walked away unscathed...at least for now.

AND that means the hearing was over at 10:40 a.m. instead of 4:30. AND I could actually get a flight out of Memphis early so I am going home tonight.

BUT then I got the e-mail that Eldest is flunking geometry. Damn the buzz kill.

BUT I am going home tonight. So I will float on that fact. And buy a lottery ticket when I get home.

And then deal with the turd that is Eldest and math.

Wish I had a picture of MY HOUSE to post with this.

6 comments:

For Myself said...

Yay for getting home!!

"deal with the turd that is Eldest and math"

Sorry, but that's funny, funny stuff.

DKC said...

I hope you are enjoying Home!

And I can empathize with Eldest - geometry. bleh.

Bijoux said...

I've found that the reasons any of my kids are doing terribly in a class is not that they don't understand the subject material, but that they don't like the teacher.

I'm some help, huh? Hope you got home safely. Happy Turkey Day!

Seriously said...

geometry

*shudders*

it's the proofs, isn't it?

Dibs said...

I actually liked geometry.

However, my geometry teacher hated me. I remain convinced of this a quarter of a century later.

Anonymous said...

did somebody say turd?