Friday, November 21, 2008

that too shall pass

It's a better day.

No hair trauma.

No fights with Eldest.

Eldest is still blue but better. I really wish I could make the sun shine in her world. I remember when I could. But we parents of teens are insignificant. We just have to learn to live with that knowledge. (I DO know that I actually make a difference in her world. By insignificant, I meant that in her consideration, I am insignificant.)

What I really know is that I can't make happiness for her. I wish it were still easy.

Anyhoo...off that downward spiraling path.

Rowan is arriving here about 4:00!!! Yeah! We are going to have some girl time. Yes, we are "Twilight Mothers" and are headed off to see the movie this evening...sans teenage girls. My girls are each seeing it with their own group. Car-man is driving them all over hell and back. Tee hee.

If you don't know about "Twilight". Just ignore me. I'm silly.

Sunday I'm leaving for NE Arkansas again. I have another hearing down there. Yick. I don't like this trip and this particular case has turned into a sham of a mockery of an absurdity of justice. I'll be back home Tuesday. The only highlight of these trips to Arkansas is getting to spend a little time in Memphis. As I done some exploring, I've decided it's a nice little place.

Wow. It's a boring house.

12 comments:

Seriously said...

AND I got the thumbs up on some shopping tomorrow if you want to squeeze that in!!! ("Just be home before dark.") If you don't have time, just point me in the right direction.

"a sham of a mockery of an absurdity of justice". That is beautiful, I am writing it down.

Leslie said...

I ripped off a movie with that line.

miko564 said...

Not boring. Just not "Federal Judge" exciting...lol.

I don't get this Twilight thing...it seems to be focused more on the "ladies". Are these romance novels with vampires? Perhaps discussing good-looking undead creatures will bridge the temporary gap with Eldest.

Have fun with Rowan!

cIII said...

You know of course....You now have to call, or hear someone called, a Doofus, in Every new state you visit.

And....Fake Elvis sideburns make great Stocking Stuffers.

Carolyn...Online said...

Ahhh Memphis and the Blues and Elvis...

Enjoy Twilight. I'm not a Twilight but I used to be a Buffy.

for a different kind of girl said...

Sometimes a boring house is a good house! I hope you enjoy your weekend, and safe travels.

Dread Pirate Davi said...

I'm going to see that tonight!!!!

Zip n Tizzy said...

I just want to hug your daughter. The very real dramas going on around her with all those crazy hormones... Oh I'd never go back. At the same time, the fact that you have to live with her, and can't do anything more significant than be her biggest advocate, makes me want to hug you to.
Enjoy the movie, enjoy Arkansas, the mockery... pretend your on Ali McBeal(sp?)... whatever to get you through it, and then enjoy Memphis.

LiteralDan said...

This latest craze has hit me like a punch in the gut. I feel like a bunch of crazy kids cooked up this phenomenon overnight on The Internets just to keep us old fogies on our toes.

Don't mind me, I haven't had my pills or Matlock yet.

Vodka Mom said...

teenage girls......yikes. I'm sending you AND your girls hugs.

Hope Twilight was a blast!

For Myself said...

Gotta love a boring house every once in a while. But never ever expect it to stay that way for long...
Arkansas?? [insert smoky bass voice with slight southern drawl] Thank you. Thank you very much.

DKC said...

Hope the movie was a blast! I did miss the Twilight train somehow. Which is actually kind of odd for me.

Anyhoots - as others have noted - boring house may not be so bad every once in a while! Hope you and rowan have a great time together!!