Ok. Ok. I fail.
For two reasons:
1. Eldest asked for mom time, so after I picked myself up from a dead faint, I took her out for sushi last night. We had good food and conversation. And she didn't even text the whole time! Shocker. But? I left my wallet at the office!!! Crap. I had $2 and my checkbook. And who still takes checks? I looked like a damn fool. The nice manager took my check without id. I fail.
2. Siskbert informs me I didn't do the rules right on yesterday's post. Everyone in the family must have code names that start with the same letter. So I fail and made you fail. I redub my family:
Laggin- Goose
Car-man- Greaser
Eldest- Godzilla
Younger- Gato
Fail.
11 comments:
Okay - the wallet thing sucks!!! But still - you did not fail. Being asked for Mom time? A total tribute to the excellent Mom you clearly are.
Hmmm. I will have to think about the all same letter thing. Get back to you.
How awesome to have some mom and kid time! I'd have had my checkbook, but I'd have had no checks with me. I am perpetually ill-prepared for anything. I was (am) always the mom without tissues, snacks, or drinks!
That took some serious thinking! Here we go:
Hubby - Depth
Me - Drama
Punk Ass - Devil
Maggie - Darlin'
Snap!
How honest you must look! I would have had to either wash dishes, or convince the kid to escape out the bathroom window me...nobody would have taken my check.
I refuse to accept the new name rules. Obama is all about change, hell his moniker is "Renegade".
So I am being a rogue myself, and sticking to my original names.
Yeah, only if failure=human
I live in fear of the day my daughter decides I suck. Your teenager wanted Mom time. Making a dinky mistake takes nothing away from that.
All the same letters? Let me see if I have any of that cough syrup left and I'll get back to you.
A mom who takes her daughter out for sushi because she asks for mom time, and manages to pay for dinner even WITHOUT her wallet, is definitely not a failure!
Your girls might push the limits, with the whole, you know, being teenagers thing, but the amount of trust and confidence they put in both you and your husband, shows you are both coming up aces on parenting. I can think of few teens who share as much with their parents as yours do with you.
Picket=Picket
Kid = Pablo
Bridget = Puhleeze
Rory = Puppy
GFYO = PGFYO
also, no mattter what: you can't fail. you better not.
Don't you hate when people HAVE to follow the rules??
That's not failing. That's just life. Sneaking some cash out of the daughter's piggy bank to have some ones for the valet guy at the bar... that's fail.
You know it was actually good to screw up in front of Eldest. She is forever peppering me with accusations like, "You just expect everyone to be perfect...like YOU." And, of course, I am far, far, far from perfect. So it was good have her see if first hand.
And also? It's something we will laugh about.
So thanks all for your nice comments today.
And Picket? PGFYO is making me laugh.
And Carolyn, really? Darn.
Kinda like me being in Chicago the whole weekend without a credit card and making Siskbert pay for everything.
And I think there can be variation on the rule for civilians...
Post a Comment