...and one to go.
Car-man talked to Eldest about the beer can. He did this after (1) I had confirmed with the girls that he hadn't talked to them yet and (2) I said to him, "Did you talk to the girls about the beer can yet?"
His talk to Eldest, conducted 3.1 seconds after (2) above, went like this:
Car-man: Hey, Eldest. Sorry about the beer can in your car. I'm not sure how it got there.
Eldest: *shooting a grin at me*
Laggin: *looking at Car-man like: That's it? You've gotta be kidding me!?!*
Car-man (to me): What?
Car-man (to Eldest): It shouldn't have been there. But I don't know how long it was there or where you found it.
Me: It was under the drivers seat and you were the last to drive the car. Gee, maybe it was MY BEER, even if it is YOUR brand. Or maybe it was Eldest's beer can, cuz she drinks and all.
Car-man: Sorry. It's probably mine even though I don't remember how it got there.
Me: *wtf????* That's SOOO much better.
Car-man: *confused look on his face*
Me: It just sounded like one of Eldest's apologies.
Eldest: Yeah, Dad. *in mocking voice* It's not my fault the beer can is in your car. I don't know how the beer can got there.
Car-man: *looking shocked as he realized how badly he'd done this*
Me: Maybe you can do a little better in your apology the second time around...with the other kid...like actually take responsibility for your actions?
I guess I was still a little pissy. Eh?
16 comments:
Before we all can properly render further opinion here, I think an important fact is missing from the story:
what IS his brand?
I mean, if we're talking Natty Light and he's gone all Eustachy on you, then there might be some bigger problems that need to be addressed.
(for those who don't know me, I am generally here for comic relief and not to be taken too seriously - this is a very serious issue, and my goal is to attempt to bring at least a slight smirk to Laggin for the briefest of moments before she returns to her seething rage)
I would offer Car-man my kennel to sleep in, but I loaned it to a friend and never saw it again.
Bud Light. Cans. He's cheap.
Yeeesh... he is letting me down in a big way.
(I am behind you chica all the way!)
Love that Eldest called him on the crappy apology. I hope he does better with #2 as well.
(On a totally unrelated note - I LURVE the purple theme!)
Oh, I think he has a lot of work to do on the second round!
"I don't know how it got there"?
What, is he 12?
Remember how the Fonz couldn't apologize? He was all, "I'm s-s-s-s-s-o-r..." or "I was wro-o-o-o"
Does Car-man have a wicked cool leather jacket by chance? Is he a hog riding babe magnet?
Just checking.
He is not 12; just acting it.
He is not the Fonz; and is not acting it.
He is an ostrich, ignoring the problem he created.
And after all this you still didn't kick his ass? Kudos to you- I would've gone ballistic. I say he has to do better with apology #2 (repeat after me, Car-man: "I was wrong. I'm sorry.") and he has to repeat apology #1 to Eldest. Foolish man.
Nothing to do in that situation 'cept shit in your pants and Jump in and swim.
did you ask him where he put the other 11 Bud Light cans that he cleaned out of the car?
At least he didn't try the "Remember that time I apologized to you" bit from that other Disney show that my kids watch that isn't Hannah M. - you know the one where they do magic and stuff...
Can I have a little vodka with that pissy??
I'm sorry, thought this shouldn't but it does, but that is the funniest thing on the planet to me right now. Is there an abbreviation for "laughing so hard i just shot milk out my nose"?
Holy shit on a shingle. I'd be pissed too.
Sounds like the girls already get it and that dad has a little learning to do from them.
Sorry.
Breath in, breath out.
Post a Comment