At about 5:45 this evening I was getting ready to leave the office when I got an e-mail from our marketing director. She wanted to know if I could do a radio talk-show at 8:00 tomorrow morning.
*Um. What? Why? Me? Holy hell.*
Turns out this local radio news guy had a brief conversation with me at a firm lunch thing. We talking banking, bail-out, etc. I think this happened in late November. Today, he called the marketing director and asked if I would do his show tomorrow.
It's just local talk radio. On Friday mornings they do the "week in review" and discuss the news of the week. I'm going to discuss the bailout and why it isn't working.
Can someone tell me why I said, "Yes?" Eh. Ego. I know. But now I'm petrified. And being a complete over-preparer, I must go prepare!
Hopefully, I will have NOTHING funny to tell you tomorrow.
14 comments:
But I like funny!
Could it not be working because there is zero accountability to where and how the monies are being spent? That is just one reason, of course.
Then we hope differently.
What station?
OMG - that is wild! I want to know the radio station. Pleeeeasssee
KMBZ
You might be on the air right now! I hope all goes well (not that I have any doubts!)
Is there any way to post a link to a recording? Is that even possible?
Either way, good luck!
I'm thinking you are 2 hours behind me, so you're probably driving to the station right now. Hope all goes well!
Can't wait for the update.
I tried to listen on line, but the link hated me, so now I am trying to see if there is a podcast. :D
I would pay money to hear it! Money I say!
Hope it has gone well. I know how stressful that can be because sadly, I used to have to do TV spots for my old job and I'd want to crawl away! Can't wait to hear how it went!
I was able to catch most of it (missed the first 5 minutes). You were fabulous!! Intelligent, funny, no "umms," and remarkably restrained when it came to some of the more political issues. I wouldn't have been able to tell you were nervous at all!
Good luck! Would love a link to hear it if it's recorded.
My ego gets me into all kinds of crap like that.
Good luck and have fun!
Can't wait to hear how brilliantly it went.
This may be too little, too Late, but.....
Radio won't let you say Fuck on the Air.
Fascists.
Knock em Dead, lady. I know that you will.
Also, "Fucktard" is right out as well.
Post a Comment